Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Can you identify the episode?

Author Topic: Can you identify the episode?
Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Airways, August 1999
"Movies for a Snowy Afternoon:
When a vicious snowstorm the Midwest last New Year's weekend, it left 50 fully loaded Northwest airplanes stranded for hours, with increasingly frantic passengers and overflowing lavs on the taxiways of Detroit Metropolitan. As might be expected, the fiasco has prompted lawsuits, a congressional investigation, and a wave of finger-pointing. Northwest has conceded it made some serious errors, but the Wall Street Journal's analysis of the plight of one flight, NW1829, reveals another, little noticed boo-boo. To save money, the airline had ceased offering in-flight feature films on most North American flights. Realizing that they were in for an extended delay, a resourceful flight attendant inquired if anyone had videotaped films in their carry-ons. Passengers produced three: a Star Trek television episode, the classic Citizen Kane, and The Princess Bride. Obviously there were not many film buffs aboard, for the black-and-white Thirties-era Kane lasted ten minutes before being hooted off the screens. Princess Bride fared better. The worst choice? The Star Trek episode-its story line hit too close to home, for it involved people being imprisoned, frozen in time by an alien device."

------------------

IP: Logged
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Thaw" ?

------------------
"I... love you more... than I did the week before... I discovered Alcohol""
-The Barenaked Ladies

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I have to say "The Thaw" as well...

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What the Thot saw"

Oh, wait, Tom is still writing that one.

------------------
"Breath...keep breathing. I can't do this alone"
--
Radiohead

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it might be "Timescape." I mean, wasn't "The Thaw" about a clown or something?
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but the clown was in their heads. They were connected to a device that kept them frozen in time so they could survive their civilisations' destruction. Eventually, they couldn't leave for the clown had imprisoned them.

In "Timescape" (my original thought when I heard what was said), there was no imprisonment...

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

[This message has been edited by Elim Garak (edited July 01, 1999).]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps