Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » 10-Q very much. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 10-Q very much.
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jubilee McGann buttonholed me into doing this. Still, somebody's gotta do these things, so here goes...

10 Questions:

1. What is your quest?

2. If you were a sovereign state, what would be the motto on your national seal?

3. Beans: "Food of the Gods" or "Practical Joke on Humanity"?

4. Why are so many snack foods endorsed by animated rabbits?

5. Does she or doesn't she, and how come only her hairdresser knows?

6. Banana or mango?

7. If you were designing "the Car of the Future", what feature would you insist it have?

8. Trains, planes, or automobiles?

9. I think, therefore _____.?

10. Some things cost an arm and a leg. What body part do you recommend as a medium of exchange?

------------------
"The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
--David Sarnoff's associates in response to his urgings for investment in the radio in the 1920s.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. What is your quest?

To defeat the Dragonlord, Malroth, Zoma, and Necrosaro.

*Waits to see who understands that and who doesn't*

2. If you were a sovereign state, what would be the motto on your national seal?

Krenimvania: Invaders Welcome!

Neither. Beans are neither good nor evil. Asparagus, on the other hand...

Silly Baloo, the answer to this question is for kids!

Yes, she does. And the hairdresser has been stalking her for over a year now, waiting for the opportunity to steal her identity.

6. Banana or mango?

Both.

*Sets the banana at the far end of the bowling lane and tries to hit it with the mango*

7. If you were designing "the Car of the Future", what feature would you insist it have?

The ability to fold up into a briefcase, like the one the Jetsons have. Parking lots will cease to exist.

Trains, simply because I've never been on one.

I think, therefore I wonder why I go through answering these questions each week even though I never win...

10. Some things cost an arm and a leg. What body part do you recommend as a medium of exchange?

My spleen. Considering how it manufactures quite a bit of the white blood cells in one's body, its highly valuable.

------------------
Darlene: I read a lot of science fiction.
Herbert: Bless you, my child.
Kay: The world needs more people like you.

-Deep Space Nine, "Far Beyond the Stars."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. What is your quest?

To use the Shadow fleet to capture the Krenim weapon/ship, then warp away beyond the Rim, to Lee's place, then to settle in Moron Hell and tweak with the spy sheep.

The Unified Provinces of Elimway: "Have it your way! Or don't."

Not really either they're only a practical joke on those who don't eat them, actually.

They learned from Cadbury's mistake with the real bnunny and the casting problems they've turned into promotion. Now these companies can bear the slogan "No ink, plumage, paint shards, or other animation material was harmed in the production of this catoon."

She does or else there would be nothing for her hairdresser to know. The hairdresser knows since little poddles let everything out when they're in those chairs, waiting for the cute pink bows.

6. Banana or mango?

Bango... Manana... Who knows? Only one way to find out...

*sings*

Mango Mango Bo Bango
Bonana Fanna Fo Fango
Fe Fi Mo Ango
Mango!

*stops singing*

*tries again, sings*

Banana Banana Bo Anana
Bonana Fanna Fo Fanana
Fe Fi Mo Manana
Banana!

*stops singing*

I must confer with the Shirley Ellis. Mango is the answer you seek.

It must be capable of lying to the traffic cop on a regular basis. It is a skill like any other, after all. I would also require it to be outfitted with an emergency transporter beacon retrieval system and a no-hands bubble gum wrapper-remover and mouth-placer-inner.

Trains and planes are automobiles, by decomposition of the word.

This question is futile. I will not comply.

"I think, therefore ACH is produced by the central section of my brain and then sent to a neuron (well, a dendrite to be more precise), at which point the dendrite tranfers this thought from the cell body to the axon, then to the synaptic terminals where simple synaptic vessicles have been signaled to propel the neuron's chemicals to the next neuron's dendrites, a process which is repeated until the message or thought reaches its desired destination (message received, process completed)."

Toe nails. They grow back. (equivalent to $5)

Finger nails longer than two cm: $20

Baby toe: $50

Baby finger: $100

Single kidney: $500

Pancreas: $1000

*aghast* Krenim has never been on a train! What a poor deprived soul.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

[This message has been edited by Elim Garak (edited July 12, 1999).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.What is your quest?

Argh...that's a long story. I was walking home one day after buying some sourdough bread when a huge giraffe appeared before me and said, "You shall buy some sourdough bread!" I replied, "You told me on the way there. Here it is." We were munching away, and then the giraffe said, "You shall retrieve the sacred relic from the forests of Zalmarka!" So, I headed out to Zalmarka, hoping that there was only one sacred relic there. Unfortunately, the plane crashed halfway out. Apparently ZalmarkAir doesn't follow safety standards too well. Luckily, It was only flying at an altitude of 20 ft. anyway, so I escaped just as the plane was sinking. The pilot got out, too. And, well, that was all of us. So, we swam for a few minutes, until the pilot shouted, "Hey, isn't that an oil rig to our left?" Looking up, he was right. "Yup! Right next to that island. Er, continent. Why are we swimming, anyway?" We then walked to shore (since the water was about 2 ft. deep...it was low-altitude day or something), which happened to be the location of a large luxury resort. Unfortunately, the pilot couldn't pay for his room, so he had to sell his plane. I guess the buyer wasn't too happy that it was at the bottom of the ocean, though, so he sued. I was called as the first witness during the trial, and I explained that the water was only 2 ft. deep there, and the only damage to the plane was a bit of rusting and a minor catastrophic engine failure, but those Zalmarkan judges can be strict. Er, wait, I wasn't in Zalmarka just yet...actually, I don't recall which country it was. I probably should've asked. In any case, I asked someone for directions to Zalmarka and rented a jeep. Or, come to think of it, I rented the directions and asked someone for the jeep. Luckily, the person said, "Oh, sure, you can have my jeep," so I hopped in and drove off. He waved and shouted, "Have a nice trip!" Or, now that I think about it, maybe he was shaking his fist and screamed, "That was $%&@ing sarcasm, you &@$%&@%!" Anyway, Zalmarka was just a full day's drive away, but I got there in only 1000 Swatch beats. However, as it turns out...Zalmarka doesn't have any forests; it's entirely desert! Suddenly, the giraffe appeared again, and said that he was confused, and what he really wanted was discount relish from the local Sal's Market. I was really annoyed, so I set the giraffe on fire and fed him to the Zalmarkan sand beast that was stalking me. Still, to this day, I dread going near Nissan dealers.

2.If you were a sovereign state, what would be the motto on your national seal?

Frankland: It's better than most countries. Even Canada.

3.Beans: "Food of the Gods" or "Practical Joke on Humanity"?

Well, all I know is, British comedy wouldn't be the same if we had to watch "Mr. Legume" or something.

4.Why are so many snack foods endorsed by animated rabbits?

It's their way of saying, "Fry up some rabbit and serve it with this snack...it'll taste even better!"

5.Does she or doesn't she, and how come only her hairdresser knows?

I could tell you, but then her hairdresser would have to kill you. And probably seriously injure me. They have those scissors and razors and such.

6.Banana or mango?

It's banana time for Baloo and weep day for mango man.

7.If you were designing "the Car of the Future", what feature would you insist it have?

A microwave!

8.Trains, planes, or automobiles?

Trains, because there wasn't one in the story above.

9.I think, therefore _____.?

I go fast. (Cogito ergo zoom).

10.Some things cost an arm and a leg. What body part do you recommend as a medium of exchange?

All those useless parts, like the appendix and spleen. I mean, what does the spleen do anyway?

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
RB: "'Get a life' is a phrase heard a lot, though I have never known exactly what kind was implied. Seems a lot of shallowness and greed is the rule."
CS: "I guess that it means the kind of life led by the characters of 'Dawson's Creek' or 'The Simpsons'."

[This message has been edited by The Shadow (edited July 12, 1999).]

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.What is your quest?
My quest is about 5ft long, 3ft wide, and 6ft high. Its an interesting conversation piece, too.

"Nyah nyah nyah nyah!" or "We have the bomb too"

I would think that the Gods have placed a practical joke on humanity with their food.

They have a better union.

She does, and her hairdresser knows everything.

6.Banana or mango?
Niether. Boloney Raspberry!

7.If you were designing "the Car of the Future", what feature would you insist it have?
Wing tips, Bubble domes, a separate dome for the kids, LOTS of cup holders, a horn that plays "La Cucha Rocha" and a nice lime-green color!

Hey, anytime, anywhere....

9."I think, therefore _____.?
...I spam." In this day and age of computers and internet, many people try to show they exist by sending tons of email to people they don't know...

10.Some things cost an arm and a leg. What body part do you recommend as a medium of exchange?
I would have said my brain, but many people don't think that's worth very much anyways...

------------------
"I do whatever the voice of Charles Capps tells me to do."

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank: See my answer to #10 to find out what a spleen does.

------------------
Darlene: I read a lot of science fiction.
Herbert: Bless you, my child.
Kay: The world needs more people like you.

-Deep Space Nine, "Far Beyond the Stars."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's scary. We've both considered the spleen as a potential currency.

The second definition says that we don't know what the spleen does, but the third says we do. Go figure.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
RB: "'Get a life' is a phrase heard a lot, though I have never known exactly what kind was implied. Seems a lot of shallowness and greed is the rule."
CS: "I guess that it means the kind of life led by the characters of 'Dawson's Creek' or 'The Simpsons'."

[This message has been edited by The Shadow (edited July 12, 1999).]

Antagonist
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

1.What is your quest?
To fool people into giving me discount relish.
I am the giraffe.

Welcome to Disney Land.

Gods are not immune to the effects of beans, How else can you explain thunder?

They aren't rabbits, they're really tribbles.

She does, and the hairdresser knows it because it's quite obvious, I mean, if you used mayonaise in YOUR hair I think your hairdresser would know.

6.Banana or mango?
Just what are you trying to imply by this?

Well, I was going to say a microwave, but since Frank already said that I'll need a 10 foot long Frank-killing lance. Frank...how fast can you run?

Niether, I prefer Autobots.

I suck, therefore iMac

Well I hear that ones' eyes are quite popular in The Forbidden City, however if I were to choose another it'd have to be my skin. Knowing of course that the skin is practically useless on the market, I would definately opt for my Gull bladder and spleen.

Interested in trading those follwing body parts for your UBB license, CC?

------------------
When I see an elephant fly...I'll shoot the mother down.

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) what is your quest?

To ban the bomb and make the world safe for conventional warfare.

2) If I had a soveriegn state, what would be the motto on the national seal?

"Do you feel lucky?" or perhaps "Expansion is our birthright."

3) Beans: Food of the Gods or Practical Joke on Humanity?

Both: god-food to those who Who Know The Secret, a joke on mortals who do not.

4) Why are so many snack foods endorsed by rabbits?

Because there are so *many* rabbits!

5) Does she or doesn't she, and why does her hairdresser know for sure?

answer the first, Yes, answer the second, Mind Meld.

6) Banana or Mango?

Mango. I mean, who ever heard of banana chutney?

7) If designing the car of the future, what feature would I insist on?

within the confines of the car, cellphones DO NOT WORK.

8) trains, planes, or automobiles?

I choose automobiles, at thirty paces.

9) I think, therefore I can't get a job in management.

10) What body part should be used as a medium of exchange?

The Lungs, rather useful in gas exchange. What about eye-teeth? My Mom always said she'd trade hers for this or that.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.What is your quest?

To answer the five questions... (Ten questions, sir!) ...ten questions, and, after answering the five questions... (Ten questions!) ...ten questions, to cross the Bridge of Death. Or, barring that, hold a nice discussion on swallow. Do I mean the bird, you ask? Possibly...

Option 1: People are stupid, except us.

Option 2: We don't like you. Go away.

Well, if the gods are eating them, I'd have to say both...

Well, when they realized that kids weren't buying the carrots they were advertising, they made a mass exodus to something more profitable.

Oh, she does, believe me. And how!

6.Banana or mango?

*Homerspeak* Mmm... Banana... Ahh...

Hm... Tough call between deflector shields and inertial dampers...

Three words: Amtrak, Corsair, and Pinto.

I think, therefore I'm that much ahead of most of the rest of the population.

Well, in some cases, the whole thing...

------------------
"Sometimes you really dig a girl the moment you kiss her,
And then you get distracted by her older sister..."
-The Lovin' Spoonful, "Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. To dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable foe...

2. Beans, The Anointed Food of the Gods!

3. See #2

4. It's the only work they can get, Bugs gets everthing else.

5. She does, with the hair dresser

6. (Banana Man) OOOOH, Nana (/Banana Man)

7. Quantum Torpedos

8. Cars, baby, Cars!!

9.I yam what I yam, and that's all that I yam!!

10.That would depend on Who's body.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1: To keep existing until I don't exist anymore.

2: I am the King. Thank you very much.

3: Both.

4: Because real rabbits are smart enough not to endorse them.

5: Because the hairdresser did.

6: Mango banana dude!!

7: It MUST (be) fly!!

8: Planes, what else is there??

9: I think, therefore I do not know yet.

10: The sand in my head.

------------------
"Calm may work for Locutus of the Borg here,
but I'm freaked out, and I intend to stay that way!"

- Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is your quest?
I seek the holy Grail. "Or is that just too dang obvious"
If you were a sovereign state, what would be the motto on your national seal?
"You are all banned from the land of Ben"
Beans: "Food of the Gods" or "Practical Joke on Humanity"?
Food of the Gods, What do you actually think thunder is, anyway?
Why are so many snack foods endorsed by animated rabbits?
They work for veggies, which is a lot cheaper than paying in peanuts, which cost about $3 for a jar of Planters, or actually paying in Money, which is base at $5.15 an hour.
Does she or doesn't she, and how come only her hairdresser knows?
Because the Hairdresser is Jubilee and is psychic, unlike us poor human males who have no psychic powers whatsoever.
Banana or mango?
Tropicana Twister.
If you were designing "the Car of the Future", what feature would you insist it have?
Tailfins, definitely tailfins. Cars just haven't been the same since the fifties.
Trains, planes, or automobiles?
M.A.S.K. cars, which transform from trains, to planes, to automibiles.
I think, therefore _____.?
You aren't. I still stick with the fact that I'm the only real person in this world, and you are just props.
Some things cost an arm and a leg. What body part do you recommend as a medium of exchange?
Hair, because until I become bald, I'll always have more, and when my dad comes to me and says "Money doesn't grow on trees" I can say "No, it grows on my head."

------------------
All we are is dust in the wind, dude....
Dust, Wind, DUDE!!!

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) If I had a quest, then I would be very famous by now, which I'm not, so STOP ASKING!!!!

2) My Motto? How about THIS motto? *opens long trenchcoat*

3) Beans, Beans, good for your heart. The more you eat, the more you......... OF COURSE IT IS A PRACTICAL JOKE ON HUMANITY!!!! I bet the dinosaurs were responsible for this. I bet they did this just before they were wiped out for good. Why they did this? The world would never know.

4) Cuz they are sooooo KY-YUTE!!!!!!!

5) Woman: So what do we do today?
Hairdresser: Same as we do every day...... try to take over the world.

Need I say more?

6) Yeechh...... pass me an orange.

7) Unfortunately, I can't afford a car, let alone design one. Oh well, I guess it's back to the confines of Public Transportation.

8) It's PLANES, TRAINS and AUTOMOBILES. And it's starring John Candy and Steve Martin.

On the other hand, I'd prefer planes alot. Except for the crashing-and-burning part.

9) I think, therefore, I'm dangerous. That's why we would have a future which suppresses individual thought to maintain order.........

10) My whole body for $100 trillion. Take it or leave it. Makes you wonder what is the cost of human life.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited July 18, 1999).]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the winners are:

1. Elim Garak.
    Plain and simple (despite his delusions of Universality).
  2. TSN.
    Screaming Argonauts do so count! Homer, on the other hand...?
  3. Saiyanman Benjita.
    It was spurious logic, but it was good spurious logic!

Special Mentions:

Tahna Los, for the Pinky-and-the-Brain reference.

The Shadow, as his quest was most impressive (even when compared to Tahna Los' motto.

That's it.

The awards will be presented at the annual secret dinner.

Thank you for coming.

------------------
"Someday your ship will come in...and you'll be at the airport "
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited July 19, 1999).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps