Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » CapCom: Operation Rush Job (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: CapCom: Operation Rush Job
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've bugged him already... but I stopped cuz I think he knows I enjoy it.

------------------
"Freedom is best, I tell thee true, of all things to be won. Then never live within the bond of slavery, my son." - The real William Wallace

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't suppose you ever considered the fact that I was letting this drag on for nostalgia's sake, did you? That somewhere in this darkness we humans call a soul there might exist some iota of sadness, no matter how small, that the mighty institution that is the Caption Contest is at an end, and that those of us who have a capacity for empathy might want to squeeze out those last few bits of sweetness before the whole world comes crashing down into the inescapable void, where we shall all spend eternity wandering around deadly serious because all the laughter has gone away? Hmm? Did you? Did you?!

Of course, I haven't judged them yet because I'm a lazy, shiftless, untrustworthy bastard. But did you ever consider the fact?

------------------
I do indeed and shall continue
Dispatch the shiftless man to points beyond
--
Soul Coughing

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The laughter has already gone away. We are only fools to think it stays in these lingering thoughts of capcoms....these fading memories.....

------------------
"...when all that is driving my heart forward
is you, thoughts of you, hopes for you,
and a fading dream with a Mona Lisa smile
that whispers "are you thinking of me too?"

42 days till the dreams become reality...

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is wrong with everybody?!?! I have always and forever shall enjoy the happiness and mirth of the Capcom! Come on, you're all talking like the Capcoms are friggin rotting away or something!! Gimme a break, as long as we get AT LEAST 10 posts in a capcom, it cannot be called dead! Geez, look on the bright side of things for once.

------------------
Capcoms Forever! Long Live the Great and Almight Capcom!

[This message has been edited by Jeff Raven (edited October 10, 1999).]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*o_O*

Ooh, see what I started. . . and to think Frank calls himself a Shadow. }B)

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*slinks away from battle zone*

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It finally dawns on Chekov that Sol may never judge the Capcom...oh, and there is like a bug on his hand too.

------------------
Oh, meltdown. It's one of those annoying buzzwords. We prefer to call it an unrequested fission surplus.
~C. Mongomery Burns

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And behold, there came from the clouds a voice that rang out like thunder.

"Open the first seal!"

And so the angel Simonius did thusly, and he then read from the scroll therein.

"The spirit of Sol decrees that the winner be the one known as Xentrick, for his mighty tale of on-the-job injuries hast made me chuckly heartily."

And the moon turned red.

And lo, the voice again spoke unto the world.

"Open the second seal!"

And so the angel Simonius did again read.

"The spirit of Sol also decrees that the one who would be first runner-up shall be known as Jeff Raven. Though he hast dared risk the wrath of the Almighty, his ST V reference didst make the heavens peal with laughter."

And one third of the oceans turned to blood, and one third of the beasts of the deep were killed.

And then did the mighty voice of Sol call out once more to his angel.

"Open thee the third and final seal!"

And the angel Simonius did read the pronouncement to all the people.

"Lastly, the spirit of Sol doth decree that most-honorable mention goes to The First One. Verily, his entry leads to much humorous speculation as to the whereabouts of Mr. Chekov's arm in the previous scene."

And with this, the kingdoms of the Earth did shake and tremble, even as the ground beneath them did likewise. And the very foundations of the world were overturned. Then did Sol Himself descend from the Kingdom of Heaven unto the people, and the good were rewarded and the evil punished.

------------------
I do indeed and shall continue
Dispatch the shiftless man to points beyond
--
Soul Coughing

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thou art wise.

I art deco.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that was the best judgement of the Capcoms I've ever seen! Lo, my eyes doth brim with tears of laughter.

------------------
Oh, meltdown. It's one of those annoying buzzwords. We prefer to call it an unrequested fission surplus.
~C. Mongomery Burns

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And there was much rejoicing.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps