Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Post CapComing?

Author Topic: Post CapComing?
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With Lee no longer doing the CapComs, anymore, the big question is if there is anyone else willing to pick up where he left off. So, is anyone volunteering to be the official CapCom-er? I for one, would love to give it a try, but then, there may be others (Liam? Jeff Raven?).

Perhaps we could take a vote among the volunteers. Someone most likely to understand the humour that goes on around here.........

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to do them!!! But of course, I won't campaign until someone nominates me... ;-)

------------------
Capcoms Forever! Long Live the Great and Almight Capcom!

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a time I was convinced the CapComs wouldn't survive without me. I'm not so arrogant that I believe that now. If they can continue, they will. But I'm not going to endorse anyone's claim to be my legitimate successor, so please stop bugging me about it!

Do what you will. . . I'm not going to advise anyone.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Krenim, having fallen into a delusional stupor following the end of the CapComs, actually posts a CapCom entry to this thread, even though it isn't a CapCom:

Tahna Los: What are we going to do tonight, Jeff?

Jeff Raven: The same thing we do every night, Tahna... Try to take over the CapComs!

------------------
"Alright... Who wrote 'Beavis and Butthead rule' on the back of my skull?"

- Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek Parody, The Critic

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*thwaps Krenim*

IMHO, the only reason why the CapComs have lost some of its flair is because either we put too many at once (I'm thinking of doing 2 a week, unless someone else does it), or because of these non-Trek coms (except for Star Wars, at least that got quite a few posts). I'd only say that the CapComs are dead if they only start getting less than 10 posts or so..........

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've been down in numbers for a while. That's starting to change a little.

This is Liam's forum, I think it's up to him to do, or pass along, or call a moratorium.

------------------
"One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor". George Carlin

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited October 10, 1999).]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of me wants to tell you all to bugger off and think up your own competition. Some ideas: "What Happened Next?" where you put up a short vid clip and then ask everyone what happens next, prize going to the most humorous suggestion. "Let's Get Creative," the return of the linear Trek narrative - and the Space Hippies as well, no doubt. "Pic The Mother" - guess who's Mum is whose. 8)

A rough list of people who did GuestComs goes as follows: The Vorlon, Sol, Ziyal, Krenim, Frank, TSN, DT, Elim Garak, Tahna Los, Liam, Jeff Raven. Maybe one of you lot can sort something out. Or sort it out between you. Just don't go thinking that it's all fun - deciding on pics, judging winners, week after week. . . it's bloody difficult.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*O_o* "Let's Get Creative" is ancient.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have thought about getting a lets be creative going again, but they get silly quickly. (I know, I was good at getting them silly

------------------
"One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor". George Carlin

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps