Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » New competitions/contests (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New competitions/contests
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, it's not strictly a forum contest, but it's a thought I've had for a while.

You know that many games nowadays are multiplayer? And you know that great big thingy called the internet that we're on? We could combine them y'know. Have some Quake deathmatches, X-Wing dogfights, Birth of the Federation...er...buildshipshoot fights. Anyone interested? Formally or informally?

------------------
Cordellia: "Well, does looking at guns make you wanna have sex?"
Xander: "I'm seventeen. Looking at linoleum makes me wanna have sex."

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be interested in a Descent or Descent II battle, if I ever get my computer back from those who are taking forever to fix it...

------------------
"Captain! I must protest! I am NOT my neighbour's dog!"

- The First One, TrekSunday chat, Oct. 17, 1999.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, add Freespace to that list too...

Any other games?

------------------

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Starfleet Academy? I never could get multiplayer to work on that...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*yells*

STARCRAFT!!!

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warcraft II!

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." - Jeffrey Richman, UB student

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darn it, Jeff, you posted while I was writing. Stop that. But I second the motion.

WARCRAFT!!!

------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons; for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

[This message has been edited by Omega (edited November 03, 1999).]

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own WarcraftII.

Although, I might suggest Alpha Centauri...we must stop the evil minions of Sol from taking over.

------------------
Thank God that we live in a country so hysterical over crime that a 10 yr old child can tried as an adult
~C. Mongomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited November 04, 1999).]

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Sol has minions! theymightbe-Giants!

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." - Jeffrey Richman, UB student

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh...... figures I don't own any of these programs.

------------------
"...when all that is driving my heart forward
is you, thoughts of you, hopes for you,
and a fading dream with a Mona Lisa smile
that whispers "are you thinking of me too?"

17 days till the dreams become reality...

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have powers! Uh...political powers!

------------------
"Stirs a large iron pot. Casting a spell on Vermont."
--
John Linnell

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Ahh! *hides*

Okay, could everyone just print up a list of say 5 games that they own, and which of them they'd love to play multiplayer the most?

Like this: *ahem*

X-Wing (Alliance or TIE Fighter, wanna play)
Birth of the Federation
Star Wars: Supremacy/Alliance
Starfleet Academy (I suppose)
And whatever game I buy next.

See? easy.

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only multiplayer game I'd want to play is Civ II Gold, although I think I have Descent II around somewhere also.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Okay, what's an MSD?" - Rick Sternbach

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assume you mean those playable over Kali. The only Kali games I have that I know of are Warcraft I & II and Descent II. Anyone know whether Galactica is Kali compatable?

*realizes that only Sol and TSN are going to know about that game, as it's Mac-only*

Too bad. It's a great game.

------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons; for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*raises eyebrows off his face*

Uh...I'm not sure how TSN and I have got lumped in with "people aware of Mac games"...

------------------
"Stirs a large iron pot. Casting a spell on Vermont."
--
John Linnell

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps