Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » You might be an American... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: You might be an American...
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, after someone wondering if there's a list for Americans, I think we can make our own...

Anyone can enter, so go at it! I'll start...

You might be an American...

You get upset when foreigners call it football and not 'soccer'.

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." - Jeffrey Richman, UB student

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you think a "Watercloset" is a water park ride

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I won't even touch this with a 120-metre Defiant.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...if this thread offends you. :-)

------------------
"Is he live or dead? Has he thoughts within his head?"
-Black Sabbath, "Iron Man"

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is clearly not a thread for me then!
Come on you crazy Amercians, it's "foot-ball". The rest of the world knows it, why not just yield to the majority on this one?

------------------
"You will be swept away....
You, your men, your ship, your WORLDS!"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...if you recognize the fact that the rest of the world's opinion is completely irrelevant.

...if you think that a "Lorry" is some new rap singer.

...if Monty Python amuses you, but you aren't sure why.

...if your money is only two-tone.

...if your first phone call of the day is to your broker.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...if your son is your brother, and your mom is your sister.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of us in America just call it The Beautiful Game.

Well that is until those English rowdys take to the streets. Or the Columbians off one of their players for an own goal in the World Cup.

------------------
If you can take advantage of a situation in some way, it's your duty as an American to do it. Why should the race always be to the swift or the jumble to the quick-witted? Should they be allowed to win merely because of the gifts God gave them? Well, I say cheating is the gift man gives himself!
~C. Montgomery Burns

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's football for the simple reason that you don't use your hands during normal play (apart from throw ins and if you're name is Maradona). You control the ball with your feet, shoot the ball with your feet, take free kicks with your feet etc etc, not catch the ball in your hands and run with it.

------------------
The line must be drawn here, this far, no further. Picard, First Contact

The line has to be drawn here, this far and no further. Quark, Dogs of War

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had expected more participation...at least from more americans... Oh well, First of Two is the winner.

4 strikes against me...someday I'll come up with a decent com....someday

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." - Jeffrey Richman, UB student

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, only giving it three days might have something to do with the lack of entries. . .
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

Oh god!! I feel so stupid! I thought I started this a while ago...

Quick, someone just kick me...

Keep entering, though!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jeff Raven (edited December 01, 1999).]

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might be an American if:

You think a lift is when someone gives you a ride in their car.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... if you kick ass and the rest of the world sucks. (and foot-ball {soccer} isn't a real sport. It's just a brawl waiting to happen for the reason that they're just really bored of anything else.)

------------------
Is it defeat or victory that waits in the dark?

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might be an American if you think American football is an original sport and not a glorified version of rugby.

------------------
The line must be drawn here, this far, no further. Picard, First Contact

The line has to be drawn here, this far and no further. Quark, Dogs of War

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.