Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Name the sci-fi project! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Name the sci-fi project!
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As many of you know, some of us are working on a nifty new collaborative sci-fi project. It's going well, with everything from ship designs to fiction to a graphical RPG in the works. However, this nifty new collaborative sci-fi project needs a name. Basically, it needs to be something short but meaningful, in the same way that "Star Trek," "Star Wars," "Babylon 5," etc. are. The problem is that the title doesn't need to be specific in any way...basically, what's needed is something that sounds good. So, if you have any ideas at all, please post them. The winner gets a free pencil.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Ou tou kratountos h� polis nomizetai" - Creon

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe a smidgin' more info is needed, but I'll try to be as non-specific as I can...

Distant Stars

One entry for now...

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." - Jeffrey Richman, UB student

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, that's pretty good.

The sci-fi project involves a large galaxy that people on the project can craft parts of to their liking, whether that part is a person or a civilisation.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Infinity
2) Far World
3) Exodus Beyond
4) Project: Constellation
5) Mission: Andromeda

Any good?

------------------
- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Indeed! BTW, feel free to combine terms from previous entries, if you've got a really good idea that builds upon them.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

[This message has been edited by The Shadow (edited December 07, 1999).]

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Playing God

Galaxy Empires

Galaxy of Destiny

Star Worlds

How's that?

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." - Jeffrey Richman, UB student

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Sounds good. I'm thinking of some combinations, too, like "Distant Empires," to take two of yours. That actually works well, since on the map script, something like .001% of the galaxy already has more than a dozen empire-like nations. If anyone else thinks of anything good, feel free to post...these are great ideas.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a thought... If there is going to be any group in this galaxy that are sort of primary, and if they have a main language, you can make up a word or two in that language to use. It doesn't matter how dumb or corny the translation is, because it will sound cool on its own... :-)

------------------
"Their 'flower power' is no match for my glower power!"
-C. Montgomery Burns, The Simpsons

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

I thought of something like that...it's a possibility, but some of these entires are just really good.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

Call of the Stars

Empire Worlds

MSGalaxies for Dummies

Hmmm...maybe we can work out a copyright deal for that last one...heheheh

------------------
"I suppose you thought I was dead? No such thing. Don't flatter yourselves that I haven't got my eye upon you. I am wide awake, and you give plenty to look at." Household Words, Aug. 24, 1850
From the Raven in the Happy Family

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How 'bout "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the NGC-1365 Galaxy"? :-)

------------------
"Their 'flower power' is no match for my glower power!"
-C. Montgomery Burns, The Simpsons

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well depending on the political climate of this "new galaxy"..and I'm making the assumption its one galaxy...

Strife Among the Stars
The Farthest Reaches
A Galaxy in Chaos...ok maybe thats too depressing

Or if you wanted to combine something

Strife Among the Stars: Empires in Flames
------------------
No I'm Spartacus!

[This message has been edited by Mucus (edited December 08, 1999).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

It's one galaxy, but it's a big galaxy, with wide ranges of stability. And I like chaos.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Non-Aligned Space-Theater; Year One.

Or, to acronymize: NASTY 1. Tee hee!

------------------
"I wish that everything went just as I wish everything would go."
--
John Linnell

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Then there's TSN's "Collaborative Universe, Not Trek."

------------------
Frank's Home Page

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.