Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » A couple of christmas questions.

Author Topic: A couple of christmas questions.
Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From the song "White Christmas" I came up with a couple of questions that I'm looking for answers to.

#1. If we in America and England and such are dreaming of a "White" Christmas, what are people in the southern hemisphere thinking of? I mean they couldn't possibly want snow in the middle of summer, do they?

#2. Isn't White quite the politically incorrect term? I mean what about the people of different races? Isn't White another phrase for Caucasian-American? Or should we be dreaming of a diverse Christmas, where the people hold hands like back in the day? A little help here would be well appreciated.

------------------
Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps this would recieve more help in the Officer's Lounge.

And, uh, white is referring to Snow, not skin color. I don't know how the hell you got any racism out of that song, but you either need to not try so hard, or chill out and get a life.

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited December 17, 1999).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you'll notice that he referred to snow in his first point. That would make the racism think a joke, based on so many people's fascination w/ political correctness.

But I think you're right about this belonging in the OL. *moves it*

------------------
"Back in the 14th century, stair-stepping to the oldies was not considered manly."
-John Scalzi, on the longbow as the best weapon of the second millennium

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps