Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Your Starship Crew Might Be Rednecks If... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Your Starship Crew Might Be Rednecks If...
Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- ship's "sensors" look very much like bent wire coat hangers.

- the warp core is powered by "squeeze." So is the chief engineer.

- back end of the ship is rusted right through.

- cargo holds filled with sacks of sand, concrete, or loads of concrete blocks...for better "traction."

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if everyone is barefoot, and walks around with phaser rifles held over their shoulders.

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

"A small penis is a clean penis"
-Matt Real World Hawaii

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the veiw screen is held up by a tv tray.

------------------
Go Brain, GO

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the Red Alert Klaxon sounds like the horn on the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazard.

------------------
I feel more like I do now, then when I first got here!! :)

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax;

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when your cousins best friend is a mule and they never seperate even for bridge duty..

------------------
"I'm not feeling alright today, I'm not feeling that great"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When every first contact with an unknown species is introduced with the declaration that you don't take kindly to their types around here.

------------------
Somehow we're going somewhere.

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of your science officer's theories begin with 'I reckon...'

------------------
All hands, abandon ship! All hand, abandon...
BOOM!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your starship crew might be rednecks if the Federation president is named Clinton.

------------------
"The Earl of Sandwich invented the sandwich. Samuel Morse invented the Morse Code. Plato invented the plate."
-Holly, Red Dwarf: "Parallel Universe"

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....When the view screen is sitting on top of a TV Tray.

....When the conference table is a spool.

....When you go to a family reunion to meet your new first officer.

....When you think severe negotiations with the enemy involve a shotgun and your family honour.

....When the academy standards include a reading of Dr. Seuss's Go Dog Go.

....When your solar system looks like a used starship lot.

....And possibly the grossest one of all, when your emergency medical holographic protocol says "Come on an git a lookit this before I flush it."

------------------
Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage.

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When your grandma says:

"Move that warp coil, I need to take a bath!"

------------------
I feel more like I do now, then when I first got here!! :)

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax;

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay folks, your time is up!!!
So let's see how they did... I have to say I'm impressed by the level of responses, so we have a few categories...

And the winners are:
The What's Cookin' Ma? prize goes to Jeff Raven for "If tribbles are the main ingredient in most meals."
The Hollering Frequencies Open prize goes to Alshrim Dax for "... they think that 10 forward is part of Communications Protocol: Y'all git down here.. we got us some trouble.. 10 Forward - o'er'n'a-out!!"
The OshKosh Biballs prize for the obligatory arse joke goes to TSN for "...at least 30% of the chief engineer's buttocks is visible above the back of his pants."
The Jed Clampett Memorial Prize is shared by Saiyanman Benjita and Commander Paris, who provided "...when your emergency medical holographic protocol says "Come on an git a lookit this before I flush it." and "All of your science officer's theories begin with 'I reckon...'" respectively.
And finally... special mentions to Nimrod for "When every first contact with an unknown species is introduced with the declaration that you don't take kindly to their types around here." and to Ultra Magnus for "...you replace 'Command Red' to 'Lumberjack Plaid'."

Overall winner: TSN - congratulations! Your Marvel Comics No-Prize is in the mail

Nice efforts, guys - let's do this again soon!

------------------
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"

[This message has been edited by Starbuck (edited January 19, 2000).]

Gepta001
Member # 231

what!!! I don't even get mentioned? I thought I had a few really funny ones!!!!

------------------
"Hey you...you talkin to me?"
"Show me your steel"
"I will show you my iron claw technique!"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps