Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Gimmme a Q! Gimme a C! Gimme another C! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Gimmme a Q! Gimme a C! Gimme another C!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*nudges RW and whispers* From Hamlet!

Picard: "Alas, poor Yorick! I knew her, Data: a Borg Queen of infinite assimilation, of most excellent futility of resistance: she hath borne me on her back a thousand times..."

Data: "Erm... Yes, sir..." *walks away slowly*

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picard: "Alas, poor Yorick...you pale in comparison to the T-101...my true love."

*wonders how many of you know what a T-101 is* :P

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

jh
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alas poor Yorick, you're dental hygiene was truly horrendous.

------------------
"A screaming comes across the sky..."

IP: Logged
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*corrects DeadCujo* It's a T-800, Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 Terminator exoskeleton, complete with shiney chrome finish. Ooh, shiney....

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least, I THINK that's what DeadCujo was talking about... =]

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The flesh covered dudes are specifically called Series 800, while the basic skeleton is Model 101...tis confusing

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

[This message was edited by DeadCujo on April 05, 1999.]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And lastly, good news: the QuoComs will return. . ." - yours truly, March 12th.

I found this picture, and I scanned it. It's not a very good scanner. I was going to use this as a CapCom, but then I got to thinking. "What if," I asked myself, "this was used as the basis for something like that disastrous QuoCom idea of Adam's? What are YOU looking at?" (this last addressed to someone on the train who was staring at me for talking to myself).

"Furthermore," I continued, ignoring the urgent whispers that same staring person was directing to the conductor, "rather than have someone come up with the obvious 'Alas poor Yorick' line, I use that as the jumping point for people to complete this famous quotation?"

So that's what I did, and that's the thread you're reading. If I'd thought the person who'd long ago conceived of this failed competition would then get all territorial over it, I'd never have bothered. I posted this competition, I judge it. End of story. Maybe I'm wrong. Please let me know, all of you, if you think so. Now, unless anyone really objects, can we get on with havning fun?

"Alas, poor Yorick. . . gone, and never called me mother!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picard: "Alas, poor Yori� Ew! It spit at me!"

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

The First One
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before this develops into a massive spat over who has the right to judge this, I'm going by the word from on high - "who posts it, judges it" - and terminating this thread. No-one's posted to it for 3 days, I think it's dead (the competition, not Yorick). . . 8)

The winner is Elim Garak. Runners-up are The Shadow and Xentrick.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, runner-up.

Picard: "Alas, poor Yorick..."
Lee: "Er, the contest is over."
Picard: "Oh, good." *tosses Yorick into a junk pile*

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Destruction Drone: "Throw down your weapons and I will spare your miserable lives!"
Rollbar: "That's the best offer we've had all day..."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo-hoo! Which one did I win for?

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

The First One
Member # 35

The "Message In A Bottle"-esque one. . . 8)
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.