Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Species, Starship, or Anomaly V (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Species, Starship, or Anomaly V
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, by that standard, no one seen on Trek except Soran, Khan, the "Neutral Zone" people, Guinan, etc. are now alive.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point. So, depending on this next question's answer, it's either a life form or group of life forms who is/are not alive at the present, or it is some sort of spacial body. Of course, since it can't fit inside spacedock, that would mean that it's either an anomaly, or some sort of life form that is now dead that is too large for spacedock, and is thus likely spaceborne. That darned amoeba, possibly?

Oh, and let's define the present as a specific time frame, shall we? We're dealing with well over 100 years. I'd assume that we're talking the current season of Voy, but what're you using, Fabrux? Just want to be sure.

Question: Was it ever alive?

Elaboration: does said SSA emit light? Meaning to luminesce, to give off light not reflected from another source. Effectively, could you see it in a room with no other possible light source in it (assuming there was a big enough room)?

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Current period.
Doesn't emit it's own light
Was never alive.

20 questions remaining

------------------
Ross: "Inter arma, enim silent leges."
Bashir: "'In the time of war the law falls silent.' Cicero. Have we become a 24th-century Rome, driven by the fact that Caesar can do no wrong?!"
-Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it primarily gaseous in composition?

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, now we're sure it fits under "anomaly". Not luminous, and larger than spacedock. Still a wide field. Could be any planet we've ever seen. So...

Question: is it a planet?

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it is not primarily gaseous in composition.
Yes, it is a planet.

18 questions remaining.

------------------
Bashir: "'In the time of war the law falls silent.' Cicero. Have we become a 24th-century Rome, driven by the fact that Caesar can do no wrong?!"

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it Earth?

------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying."
Woody Allen

Omega
Member # 91

Question: is it an m-class planet?

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

No, it's not Earth (too easy!)
Yes, it's a M-class planet

16 questions remaining

------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it from the Alpha Quadrant?
Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it the sex planet of risa.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Yes, it is from the Alpha Quadrant.
No, it's not Risa.

14 questions remaining.

[And it's the pleasure planet Risa, not the sex planet Risa]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited February 18, 2000).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it might as well be called that...

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"This song is dedicated to everyone in the audience tonight...WITH ONE EYE!" - John Linnell

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it a Federation member world?

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Yes, it is a Federation member world.

13 questions remaining

------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps