Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Species, Starship, or Anomaly V (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Species, Starship, or Anomaly V
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would it generally be considered one of the "major" Federation worlds, as opposed to one of those that's only been mentioned once or twice in passing?

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's not a "major" Federation planet.

12 questions remaining

------------------
Ross: "Inter arma, enim silent leges."
Bashir: "'In the time of war the law falls silent.' Cicero. Have we become a 24th-century Rome, driven by the fact that Caesar can do no wrong?!"
-Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first time we saw/heard of this planet was it in a modern TV (i.e. not movies) series?

------------------
"What a wonderful and amazing scheme have we here of the magnificent vastness of the Universe! So many Suns, so many Earths...!" - Christian Huygens, New Conjectures Concerning the Planetary Worlds, Their Inhabitants and Productions (ca 1670)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it was mentioned/seen in a modern series.

11 questions remaining.

------------------
Bashir: "'In the time of war the law falls silent.' Cicero. Have we become a 24th-century Rome, driven by the fact that Caesar can do no wrong?!"

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, Fed member world, not major. Probably in TNG, since DS9 didn't see many member worlds, nor has Voyager.

Have we ever seen one of this planet's sentient inhabitents?

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has the planet been the site of a great battle?

------------------
Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

No, we have not seen one of this planet's sentient inhabitants.
No, it was not the site of a great battle.

9 questions remaining.

------------------

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A fed planet whose inhabitants we have not seen? Boy. That's tough.

Was the planet itself ever actually seen on screen?

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK
Its a planet - but not gaseous
Its M-class
Its part of the Federation
Its in the Alpha Quadrant
Its not a MAJOR planet
It was first seen/heard of in a Modern Trek TNG/DS9 (can't be Voyager)
We haven't seen any of the planets inhabitants
It wasn't a site of a great battle
Its not Risa nor Earth

Question: Have any of the major characters 'lived and/or grew up' there?

Random Thought - not a question - it could be Gault or Berengaria

------------------
"What a wonderful and amazing scheme have we here of the magnificent vastness of the Universe! So many Suns, so many Earths...!" - Christian Huygens, New Conjectures Concerning the Planetary Worlds, Their Inhabitants and Productions (ca 1670)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

No, the planet itself was never actually seen on screen.
No, none of the major characters 'lived and/or grew up' there.

7 questions remaining.

------------------

Omega
Member # 91

This is a little too obscure for my taste.

OK, we've never seen it, nor any of its inhabitants. That means it has to have been simply mentioned in a conversation or log. Probably in TNG, since it's from modern trek, and DS9 and Voy didn't see many fed worlds.

Was this planet first mentioned before the beginning of the fourth season of TNG?

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I'll give you guys a hint: it's from DS9. Therefore Omega's question is void.

------------------

Omega
Member # 91

Well, the question would still apply, since anything in DS9 came after the begining of TNG season 4. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

OK, mentioned in DS9, but not seen.

Was it first mentioned before the beginning of season four of DS9?

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Was it mentioned by a Main Cast member?

------------------

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect it might be Blue Horizon, the terraformed world made by Gideon Seyetek.

I am undoubtedly worong though.

------------------
"No way man!
I've served my time in hell, and I ain't going back...
Not without a fight!"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps