Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Species, Starship, or Anomaly V (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Species, Starship, or Anomaly V
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK just to rephrase that question a little broader if I might - is the planet... natural? i.e. Terraformed - or naturally occuring

(I'm suspecting Berengaria)

------------------
"What a wonderful and amazing scheme have we here of the magnificent vastness of the Universe! So many Suns, so many Earths...!" - Christian Huygens, New Conjectures Concerning the Planetary Worlds, Their Inhabitants and Productions (ca 1670)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, Berengaria was one of the planets Winn mentioned when listing planets 'Fleet might have to sacrafice to protect Bajor in "In the Cards". It was included with the likes of Vulcan, Andor, and Earth. If that's correct, I'd say it constitutes a major planet.

Casperia prime, OTOH...

'Course, that was never established to be a Fed world.

Anyone know where Bashir's med confefences were to take place the two times he was kidnapped (by S31 and the Dominion)?

Then there was that planet where Quark was supposed to testify before a Fed grand jury about the Orion Syndicate. Inferna Prime, or something like that?

Even better: anyone have a list of established Fed planets and where they were mentioned we could go through? It seems to be about the only way to go about this.

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Creighton's site has a list of planets similar to his list of starships.

And Berengaria needn't be a major planet. It might just be in a really bad spot, that it needs protecting. When I think of major planets I think of the ones whose inhabitants we see all the time (Earth, Vulcan, Betazed, Bolias, etc.) or the ones we know to be major, even thought they're never shown anymore (Andor, Tellar, etc.).

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ding ding ding! Monty got it right. It's Blue Horizon

(Weren't expecting that, were you, Monty? )

------------------
Ross: "Inter arma, enim silent leges."
Bashir: "'In the time of war the law falls silent.' Cicero. Have we become a 24th-century Rome, driven by the fact that Caesar can do no wrong?!"
-Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gah! Talk about obscure...I don't even know what Monty was talking about.

------------------
"I object to all this sex on the television. I mean, I keep falling off!"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a supposedly beautiful terraformed planet mentioned in DS9's second-season "Second Sight".
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhhh.... Smug Mode.

I believe it falls to me to launch another little contest doesn't it?

Hmmmmmm.

------------------
"No way man!
I've served my time in hell, and I ain't going back...
Not without a fight!"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.