Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Species, Starship or Anomaly? Part 6 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Species, Starship or Anomaly? Part 6
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*thinks hard*
*devilish smile forms on mouth*

I have one now. 25 Yes/No questions.
Begin!

------------------
"No way man!
I've served my time in hell, and I ain't going back...
Not without a fight!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can it fit in the TOS movie space dock?

------------------
"What a wonderful and amazing scheme have we here of the magnificent vastness of the Universe! So many Suns, so many Earths...!" - Christian Huygens, New Conjectures Concerning the Planetary Worlds, Their Inhabitants and Productions (ca 1670)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since this is 25 questions, I assume it's with the new rules. Correct?

Question: Is it now, or has it ever been alive?

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it would fit in a spacedock.
Yes it is alive

23 to go.

------------------
"No way man!
Not without a fight!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it first seen in a modern Trek - i.e. TNG, DS9 or Voyager, Generations, FC or Insurrection?

------------------
"What a wonderful and amazing scheme have we here of the magnificent vastness of the Universe! So many Suns, so many Earths...!" - Christian Huygens, New Conjectures Concerning the Planetary Worlds, Their Inhabitants and Productions (ca 1670)

Dane Simri
Member # 272

- posted      Profile for Dane Simri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it humanoid?

------------------
Dane

"Let mental culture go on advancing, let the natural sciences progress in even greater extent and depth, and the human mind widen itself as much as it desires: beyond the elevation and moral culture of Christianity, as it shines forth in the Gospels, it will not go."
Goethe

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

What I have in mind dates from pre-TNG.
It is not humanoid.

21 to go.

------------------
"No way man!
Not without a fight!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, wait... When you say "pre-TNG", do you mean Trek or real-world? Bear in mind that, real-world, ST5 and ST6 overlap TNG. So, in other words, do you mean it's something that aired pre-1987, or something that took place pre-2364?

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

Yes.

Oh, alright then, since I expect someone will get it pretty quickly anyway. You could have played this game and discussed this particular Species/Starship/Anomaly before 1987.

Another question down.

------------------
"No way man!
Not without a fight!"

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, alive, not humanoid, and from TOS or one of the first four movies. Or maybe TAS. And smaller than spacedock. That eliminates starship and anomaly. Non-humanoid life-form from that time period that isn't gigantically huge. Well, it's not that amoeba. Too big.

Question: Is it an energy being?

Horta and Companion are the only two that immediately come to mind. And then there's that cloud from "Obsession". 'Course, I don't know my TAS that well.

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that was called the "dikronium cloud creature". And the Horta was the first thing that came to my mind, too.

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

Hmmmm People are throwing in suggestions masquerading as thinking aloud in the hopes I shall let slip extra info. Naughty Naughty!

You ask if it is an "energy being" This is rather a vague description, so I shall attempt to be specific in my answer. The life-form I am thinking of is not a "field of energy" which bizarrely is alive. It is composed of matter.

*Balokspeak*
You now have... 19 questions!

------------------
"No way man!
Not without a fight!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

could you put it in a backpack/knapsack/stachel thingy?

------------------

Omega
Member # 91

It just hit me: V'ger was alive, in a sense. The probe itself would fit everything, too.

Question: was it from TOS? Meaning, did it appear in the show that aired from '66 to '69?

Question: is it natural?

------------------

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega, V'ger wouldn't fit in a spacedock though.

------------------
"I object to all this sex on the television. I mean, I keep falling off!"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps