Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Species, Starship or Anomaly? Part 6 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Species, Starship or Anomaly? Part 6
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would if you only count the Voyager 6 probe itself. The rest of the cloud was it's ship, effectively. If you count the ship, it wouldn't fit inside the orbit of Jupiter.

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cloud disappeared when is came closer to Earth.
The cloud was 82 AU's in diameter (1 AU = the distance from Earth to the Sun). The ship itself was a whole lot smaller than that, but nonetheless about 100 kilometers long (Kirk ordered to 'skim' the surface at 500 meters for 100 kilometers, and it appeared that they went all the way through to the back of the ship).

------------------
E-mail Dot at: [email protected]

(-=\V/=-)

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q19: Depends how big your backpack is, but I belive I would be correct in saying yes, you could stuff it in a suitably sized backpack. Why you would wish to is a question.

Q18: The life-form originates from TOS, yes.

Q17: Is it natural? Hell I ask myself that every day. But everybody's at it and I guess the majority carries a certain legitima-
Oh sorry, the life form.
Yes, it is "natural".

16 questions remain.
I remain confident someone will guess it!

------------------
"No way man!
I've served my time in hell, and I ain't going back...
Not without a fight!"

Dane Simri
Member # 272

- posted      Profile for Dane Simri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it appear in DS9 also?

*Thinks he knows it...*

------------------
Dane

"Let mental culture go on advancing, let the natural sciences progress in even greater extent and depth, and the human mind widen itself as much as it desires: beyond the elevation and moral culture of Christianity, as it shines forth in the Gospels, it will not go."
Goethe

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ach, TRIBBLES! I should have thought of that.

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it a tribble?

Omega didn't *really* ask it as a question...

I also thought of tribbles back at question 19, but I wasn't sure about wasting the question on everyone else...

------------------
"I object to all this sex on the television. I mean, I keep falling off!"

[This message has been edited by Jeff Raven (edited February 26, 2000).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was going to say Tribbles - but I thought the back pack question might be broader incase it was something from TAS!

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a tribble. So there! :P
And it has not been mentioned in Ds9, nor anywhere but TOS for that matter. oops! Clues!

14 questions remain.

------------------
"No way man!
Not without a fight!"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it one of those dog things from "The Enemy Within"?

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"We were leaving New York this morning and we were checking in at the gate at the airport and the attendant said, 'You must be musicians,' and I said, 'Yes,' and she asked, 'What's the name of your band?,' and I said, 'We're called the Statesmen,' and she said, 'Oh, I've heard of you!'. I think if we'd said, you know, 'We're the Green Egg,' or something, she would have said the same thing." - John Linnell

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

Nope. 13 left.

------------------
"No way man!
Not without a fight!"

Omega
Member # 91

Well, a horta wouldn't fit in a backpack, so...

Is it sentient?

If I understand the rules correctly, it could be a plant, or even a virus...

Cry "Havoc!" It's the Denevan parasites from "Operation: Annhilate!"

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Son of a... Omega! That's the second time I was going to post something, only to find that the last post was you already having said it! Stop that! *LOL*

------------------
Jackson: "Basically, he was the original Satan."
O'Neill: "Well, isn't that special?"
-Stargate SG-1: "Serpent's Song"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too, I was about to say Neural Parasites...

Could it be denevian slime devils? - although they were seen on the school board in DS9...

Andrew

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

Q13: I assume it's fairly sentient, this was never discussed to any great extent! Don't expect to have a conversation with one though...

It ain't a neural parasite.

BUT

DING!
Andrew R is close enough with his answer!
The creature in question is a Denebian Slime Devil as mentioned in "The Trouble With Tribbles" and illustarted as a rather bizarre red crouching creature in Shane Johnston's "Worlds of the Federation"

Ah, the mantle is passed once more...

*eyes go out and body turns black*

------------------
"No way man!
Not without a fight!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waitaminute... The Denebian slime devil line was in "Trials and Tribble-ations", also, meaning that they were mentioned in DS9. Also, since the picture came from a book, it's not canon, so there's no way to know if one could fit in a backpack.

I wish somebody would do one of these contests where the clues are actually valid... :-)

------------------
Jackson: "Basically, he was the original Satan."
O'Neill: "Well, isn't that special?"
-Stargate SG-1: "Serpent's Song"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps