Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Species, Starship or Anomaly - VII (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Species, Starship or Anomaly - VII
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK - yah - I've got one - GOOOOOO!!!!!

Oh - you've got 25 questions BTW.

Andrew
------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited February 29, 2000).]

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it organic?

------------------
"I object to all this sex on the television. I mean, I keep falling off!"

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it artificial?

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, its not organic
no, its not artificial

Andrew

------------------
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it bigger than Frank?

------------------

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, not organic or artifical, that means inorganic, and that would be likely a planet, star/star system, something stellar probably.

Does it have a large gravity pull of it's own?

I am not quite sure if this falls under "anomaly" or nor however, if so then disregard it.

------------------
Admin at the trekbbs.com

[This message has been edited by TLE (edited March 01, 2000).]

Dane Simri
Member # 272

- posted      Profile for Dane Simri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, everything has a gravity pull of its own. Earth exerts its gravity on you, for example, but you also exert your own (minute) gravity on Earth.

Hmmm... it suddenly occurs to me that only things with mass exert gravity. So perhaps the question is still a valid one. If it isn't organic or artificial and doesn't exert its own gravity, it might be an energy being of some kind.

------------------
Dane

"Let mental culture go on advancing, let the natural sciences progress in even greater extent and depth, and the human mind widen itself as much as it desires: beyond the elevation and moral culture of Christianity, as it shines forth in the Gospels, it will not go."
Goethe

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it alive?

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I know, Dane, that's why I added a large.
I wouldn't have a large gravity mass as opposed to say, the sun which is what I meant.

Still, energy being another possiblity? Hmm could be many things, including characters...

------------------
Admin at the trekbbs.com

[This message has been edited by TLE (edited March 01, 2000).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'm going to hire Jeff as the head of my marketing department. "It has to have something to do with Frank for it to matter!"

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"This is a brand new song...we haven't recorded it yet, but we're going to now." - John Flansburgh

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

sorry to take so long to reply - its a once a day sorta thing...

Anyway here are your answers so far...

Yes, it is smaller than Frank
No, it doesn't have a large gravity of its own.
Yes, it is alive.

20 left

------------------

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

Is it the flying brain-cell virus creatures that made Spock blind in TOS?(I don't know the episode name...What do I look like, a trekkie?!)

------------------

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought those flying pancakes were organic.

What springs to mind is the Microbrain creature of Velara II in "Home Soil". Can't be that though.

------------------
"No way man!
I've served my time in hell, and I ain't going back...
Not without a fight!"

Omega
Member # 91

Why can't it? We're looking for non-organic natural life smaller than Frank. That's definitely the microbrain's description.

Well, since organic means containing carbon, in the chemical sense, we're looking for non-carbon-based life. The Horta also comes to mind.

Question: Was it first seen in TOS?

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

well is that your final answer?

bastard

stuff it Monty - you win - its the microbrain - I couldn't be too strict - you pretty much narrowed it down... and the Horta is smaller than Frank

so Monty won - it was the 'microbrain' sillicon based life form from Valera III in "Home Soil" TNG

bastards I thought it'd be a toughy

Andrew

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps