Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Altair's New Trek Trivia (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Altair's New Trek Trivia
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But we didn't see the Warbirds in "In the Pale Moonlight", either...
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like I said, it was experimental.
Maybe if I can think of a better one, I'll put it here.

For now, on to a more 'normal' question:
When the EMH is outside sickbay, he essentially is part 24th and part 29th century 'equipment'.
In which 2 other instances is a visually identifiable part more then 2 centuries older/newer than the rest.

------------------
If you want to know more about paranoids, follow them around...

(-=\V/=-)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the Phoenix may have contained some 24th century parts. Not sure there. But we never saw it, if there were.

Spock wired his tricorder into a "stone knives and bear skins" computer in "City on the Edge of Forever".

Henry Starling's computer systems were part 20th century, part 29th century technology. But that might count toward the Doc.

Maybe that medical scanner Bashir used in Visionary? It was a nacelle from a Romulan BoP model, wasn't it?

Oh, I know! That ion thingie that the Flyer crew got from the Mars orbiter to use in their impulse engines in "Pathfinder".

------------------
You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend far too much time reading this sort of trash.

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see:

The Phoenix: No, they tried to put in 21st century stuff.

Spock's tricorder is correct.

Starling's PC: I'd say no. You cannot identify exactly which part was 29th century.

The scanner: No way

The Flyer/Mars orbitter: Yes, I'll call this one correct, although it was given earlier.

2 points for this all.
But both the ones I had in mind were not mentioned.

So... Who can give me 2 more?
One larger than a truck, the other is still functional today (seen from a Trek perspective) and I'm not talking about the EMH.

Current Score:
Omega: 9
PopMaze: 7
Elim Garak: 4
Gaseous Anomaly: 3
Bernd: 3
TSN: 2
Prakesh: 1
Jeff Raven: 1

------------------

(-=\V/=-)

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehehe...Data's Head was 24th century technology, but it was in a cave for 500 years. Therefore, his head is now 5 centuries older than the rest of his body

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond, UB Student

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AND, In Star Trek 4, Scotty uses the huge slabs of transparent aluminum made in 1984, inside the Klingon Bird of Prey...

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond, UB Student

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Those were the 2 I was looking for

2 points for that.

Next question will be here tomorrow.

Current Score:
Jeff Raven: 3
Prakesh: 1

------------------

(-=\V/=-)

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Next question:

Who is M. Leigh Hudec?
2 points for this one, because of the difficulty.

------------------

(-=\V/=-)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Christina Chapel, Lwxana Troi, Narrator, LCARS Computer Voice

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prakesh, it's Christine and Lwaxana. Still you're right...waiting for Altair to say so.

And nice pic of Mrs. Roddenberry.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, every tim I come into this thread, someone's already answered the question, and the new one isn't up yet. Then I come back later and the new question has been posted and answered. It's rather irritatiing when you know the answers, but don't get the opportunity to use that knowledge... :-)

------------------
me: "I need a new sig..."
CC: "Well create one."
-why I don't have a real signature

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN: I agree with you, but in my case, I've been sick over the weekend. Starting Monday (for some of you, it's already Monday), I should be back on top.

And the question really wasn't hard.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Well... that's just prime...
Oops, sorry, wrong series.

Uhm well... Actually the answer wasn't really given in text, but the picture says it all. The answer was Mrs. Roddenberry.
2 points for Prakesh.

I'm trying the best I can. But I just cannot think of better Trivia, without making it too hard (like Jeff sort of said before).

I'll see if I can come up with different kind of questions (like the 'which doesn't fit' one).

Here goes for what maybe the last 'standard' question:
Which Trek character was played by 3 different actors (male/female).
1 point for this one.

Current Score:
Prakesh: 3
Jeff Raven: 3

------------------

(-=\V/=-)

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

WHAT??? Over 5 hours and still no reply??
That's got to be a record in this thread...

------------------

(-=\V/=-)

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited March 27, 2000).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you thinking of Dax, who has been seen in Curzon, Jadzia, and Ezri forms? And more, come to think of it, with that crazy guy, and the "Facets" thing, and...

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Bah! Screw Alaska!" - TSN

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.