Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » American History quiz...the thrid (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: American History quiz...the thrid
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm neither, and I knew it, Shik.

------------------
"To disarm the people [is] the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, American Statesman and Author of the Virginia Declaration of Rights (1776)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew it, too, except for that damned Patrick Henry confusion... *L*

------------------
"I'm sick of you little girl and boy groups: all you do is annoy me, so I have been sent here to destroy you..."
-Eminem, "The Real Slim Shady"

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, regarding Nathan Hale, I went with the answer given on the U. Conn. quiz for all questions...even ones I had problems with so :P

The quiz can be found here. If you want to go after the veracity of any answers email them.

I may be a bit rusty yet as can be seen on the Julius Caesar question in the other thread, but I've listened to the "this question doesn't make sence" complaints from freshmen before. It can be hard to defend questions from other sources....like in the middle of the test (I used to proctor exams for history profs) one of the smarter students comes up and askes "does he mean this or this?" The answer's B...now go sit down.

I used to tell my friends that I would rather take a test than make one up. It's hard to come up with 100 fair, well worded, and overall good multiple choice questions that everyone in a 150 student class can understand and mark C on. Well, we hope the mark C for the correct answer rather than guessing.

And don't get me started on map questions!

------------------
Oh, goody, the Sea Monkeys I ordered have arrived. Heh heh heh, look at them cavort and caper.
~C. Montgomery Burns

And be sure to visit The Field Marshal project http://fieldmarshal.virtualave.net/

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
INS guy: "What was the reason for the Civil War?"

Apu: "Actually, there were MANY different reasons for the war, including economic disparity, states' rights--"

INS guy: "Just say slavery."

Apu: "SLAvery it IS, sir!"

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik, I loved that episode. And finding out Apu Nahasapimapentalon *he he* went to Cal Tech, the Calcutta Institute of Technology.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps