1. Abraham Lincoln was born in this state?
He was? I thought he was born in Kentucky...
2. He was known as "the Pathfinder" and was the son-in-law of Senator Thomas Hart Benton.
Benton was a senator? I thought he was a governor. Maybe he was both...
3. According to legend, Abraham Lincoln once referred to her and "the little lady who started this big war."
Um... That girl who told him to grow a beard? :-)
4. He wrote the lyrics to the song "Dixie."
I have no idea... Stephen Foster?
5. Name the treaty that ended the Mexican-American War.
"The Treaty to End the Mexican-American War".
6. True or False: Zachary Taylor led the American troops in the assault on Mexico City during the Mexican-American War.
7. Name the major opposition party to James. K. Polk's Democratic run for president.
Ooh... TMBG forgot ot mention that bit... *L*
8. The "Declaration of Sentiments" written in Seneca Falls, New York in 1848 refers to what?
Somebody's decalring their sentiments.
9. Who said "the Union, it must and shall be preserved."
10. Two parter: The Fugitive Slave Act was passed in what year? What were the two other conditions that allowed the passage of the Fugitive Slave Act?
Uh... 1862? And I don't know...
11. He was captured at Harper's Ferry Virginia after leading a raid on the armory to gain weapons to lead a slave uprising?
And his body lays festering in the grave. John Brown. But I think Harper's Ferry is in West Virginia. At least, it was when I was there...
12. Name the Secretary of War who introduced camels as pack animals into the American West.
13. He served as a Professor of Natural and Experimental Philosophy and Instructor of Artillery Tactics at the Virginia Military Institute before gaining fame as a general.
14. The land surrounding his former home became America's most famous military cemetery.
15. Two parter: What was the Trail of Tears? Who was president at the time of the event?
The forcing of a group of Native Americans (Cherokee?) west (into Oklahoma?). Not sure about the president...
16. Who was the editor of the anti-slavery newspaper "The Liberator"?
17. Name the former slave and carpenter who planned the abortive slave revolt in Charleston in 1822.
18. Name the southern statesman who led the Nullification movement of the 1830's.
19. Name the political leader and Senator who promoted the concept of "Popular Sovereignty" and sponsored the Kansas-Nebraska Act of 1854.
20. Who was known as "Old Fuss and Feathers"?
"I'm sick of you little girl and boy groups: all you do is annoy me, so I have been sent here to destroy you..."
-Eminem, "The Real Slim Shady"