Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Convert me.. Part I

Author Topic: Convert me.. Part I
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alrighty then. Whoever can get me to belief this is an actual photgraph of an alien 'UFO', wins.
Here's the 'proof':
http://www.isur.com/archive/area51/s30.html

I say it is something (equipment?) hanging under 4 parachutes.

Good luck

------------------
"Human race in tha house!" KoRn & Kittie, This Town
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has it been conclusively identified? No?

Then by very definition, It is a UFO.

I win. Give me money to see my girl.

------------------
"What if, the next time someone tried to pull up a dandelion, it pulled back? What if the dandelion ducked under the blades of the lawnmower?" --Del

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It appears to be a group of Oompa-Loompas who have been thrown out of some sort of "flying vehicle" while bound to each other.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he did say "alien UFO", Shik.

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's no alien UFO, it's a US Airforce black project.

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prakesh: It's unidentified, flying, and an object, therefore it is a UFO. It's American, and you're Dutch, therefore, to you, it's alien.

So, do I win? :-)

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seen this video before, usually on that bastion of hard-science accuracy, FOX.

Part of the "evidence" for this being non-human technology is the incredible vertical acceleration of the thing, this determined solely by the "elevation" numbers at the top of the screen.

Of course, if this is just a bunch of mylar balloons videotaped by somebody with access to digital-editing technology, they could add in any damn elevation numbers they pleased.

I've _wanted_ there to be aliens since I was in the 3rd grade, maybe earlier. I really hope they show up one day. Until then, I genuinely want some evidence to be found to prove their existence.

but this ain't it

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Word.

It's the Valiant prototype from the preliminary sketches for the Defiant.

It is therefore identified as a fictional entity, and as such, I claim victory in this...oops.

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Technically speaking it is a Unidentified Flying Object, but waht I meant was the other more popular , FOX-meaning of the word: 'A VESSEL FROM OUTERSPACE! VISITING US! ABDUCTING ELVIS! SPECTACULAR! UNBELIEVABLE! ON VIDEO!'

------------------
"Human race in tha house!" KoRn & Kittie, This Town
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are no alien invaders. UFOs are irrelevent....Ooops.

------------------
"Sweetness, sweetness I was only joking
When I said I'd like to smash every tooth
In your head"
Bigmouth Strikes Again- The Smiths

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's just Venus reflected off some car headlights into some swamp gas. Really. I'm only going to tell you this once.

Please look at this little red light... *FLASH!* *ZZZZT!*

You were saying?

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps