Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » 10 ... er, 6 questions

Author Topic: 10 ... er, 6 questions
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Which African country recently had an outbreak of the deadly Ebola Virus?

2) Mel Carnahan, who died Oct. 16 in a plane crash along with his son and a close advisor, served as governor of which state?

3) On Oct 19, the crew from the space shuttle Discovery had to undertake what difficult task?

4) What grounded hundreds of planes and stranded thousands of travelers in the Southwest U.S. on Oct. 19?

5) In which country did President Clinton, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak and Palestinian leader Yasir Arafat meet for a summit on Oct 16?

6) Which popular rock band saw its lead singer quit on Oct 18?

------------------
"[Smith] ran on an agenda that was revolutionary for his time -- a 45 cent minimum wage, limiting the workweek to six days, building a bridge to the 1930's -- and I want to say it's quite a tribute to Al Smith that Governor Bush has adopted the same agenda." - Al Gore

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Zaire?
2) Missouri me thinks
3) Land a shuttle while trippin'
4) There was a stoned out shuttle in the area
5) Egypt
6) Phish?

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

[This message has been edited by USS Vanguard (edited October 24, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by USS Vanguard (edited October 24, 2000).]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) The one that didn't already have an outbreak of AIDS, Bubonic Plague & Chicken Pox.

2) Obviously not the one with the National Travel Bureau HQ.

3) Not mysteriously getting lost en route to Mars. Mysterious Mars Monsters: 3. NASA: 0.

4) Air travel came to an immediate halt after authorities realized that they had run out of that white gooey paste they call coleslaw.

5) One in which the Jews aren't hated for no reason whatsoever. Oh wait - there isn't one.

6) I have no clue. It could be "Rage against the machine", but you said "popular".

------------------
"Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."
- Tiger Woods

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are the most unfunny questions in the history of questioning. Very hard to make sex jokes about Ebola.

"Hey honey, how about you and I go try out the new WHO-issued cot?"

"Sorry, but I'm dying of massive internal hemmoraging right now."

"What, again?"

That's perhaps the most tasteless joke I've ever told.

Wait...no it isn't.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'd have to agree with Sol on this one. To get someone on this board to give a straight answer that is actually correct, is like trying to get Jubilee off Charles.

------------------
Women are demons who make men enter hell through the gates of paradise.

Power Word

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, are we going to find out the answers, or are we going to be left hanging?

not that i'm in a hurry to know, i do have a life you know, well actually I don't, but if i did, i sure wouldn't be dying to know about a bunch of current events trivia, unless i had ebola, in which case i would.

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the answer to number 2 is "Missouri". I should know. I live there. The place where his plane crashed is, I think, within an hour of my home. Probably less, actually.

------------------
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend."
-Yasir Arafat on religious wars

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Scuze me? It's actually not as hard to get me off Charles as you think.

And these are horrible. I'll post some real ones.

------------------
The wheel, it turneth. But the hamster, it hath demised.
When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer our friend.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps