Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Design The Tokyo CONTEST!!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Design The Tokyo CONTEST!!!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As some of you may know, I am working on posting my "Star Trek - Gamma Quadrant" episodes to the net with the help of Ritten.

On the front page, I'd like a 3-D graphic model of the ship aboard which "ST-GC" takes places, the USS TOKYO ...

A Pelileu-Class starship ... roughly 12 years old at the end of the Dominion War ... built in 2363 or so ...

A ship with a crew of about 200, so its not that big!

The WINNER will have a high ranking muckity-muck Federation Senator or Admiral named after him/her! Not much of a prize, I know, but its really all I can offer ... well, that and my gratitude, of course! Well, hell, you tell me what you want to be (No, you can't be GOD!) and I'll see what I can do...

The physical description, from "Star Trek - Gamma Quadrant A NEW BEGINNING" (which, coincidently, will be the first story posted to the website! - coming soon!) --

Like a vulture, the Tokyo came about, her engines charged, her weapons ready. The Tokyo was a relatively small starship, a sleek saucer with a tiny subspace deflector mounted below, and warp engines sprouting directly off the saucer.

GOOD LUCK!!! =)

I NEED A TOKYO!

There's also a lot of info about "STGC" in "Designs, Artwork, and Creativity" under "Original Series" ... so far, not much has been added to the website, but the "pilot" has been properly edited, and is already to go!!!!!!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Continuing to boldly go ...

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited November 15, 2000).]

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is a vulture a gracful bird?

------------------
**...****...**

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds kewl!

quote:
her engines charged, her weapons ready.

Shouldn't this be the other way around?
Engines ready and weapons charged?
------------------
"Dynamics is like playing hockey with a flexible hockey stick"
-My Physics teacher
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

[This message has been edited by Prakesh (edited November 16, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um ... Er ...

Yes. Oooops, typed it wrong

And isn't a vulture a bird of prey? That's sort of the imagery I'm going for ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not unless picking at decaying animals counts.

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. Plus, a vulture is an overly large bird, whereas I believe the emphasis you're going for is small, sleek, and fast. A beter predatory bird choice would be hawk or falcon.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well ... at that point in the story, the Tokyo is going up against a Jem'Hadar fighter ... so it IS kind of picking at a defenseless animal ...

Alright, alright, I'll change it to "hawk" ...

So, anyone want to design it?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do have a ship in mind, but it doesn't really fit your description....

------------------
"I'm not like George Bush. If he wins or loses, life goes on. I will do anything to win." - Al Gore, Newsweek, 1999

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

So design one!

Hell ...

Any ship featuring the description of:

Small/200 approx officer and crew/scout - light cruiser, etc.

I can always change the physical description, although I'd like a "unique" design ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

------------------
Hunt: "You cheated!"
Rhade: "It's only cheating if you get caught."
-Andromeda, "Double Helix"

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's this?

The nacelles open from the top and bottom

------------------
"I'm not like George Bush. If he wins or loses, life goes on. I will do anything to win." - Al Gore, Newsweek, 1999

[This message has been edited by Jeff Raven (edited November 16, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Two Entries!!!! =)

Me happy.

C'mon folks, submit!!! =)

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited November 16, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited November 16, 2000).]

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two that SORT of fit the description, but there are minor details that would have to be changed around.

Design 1 (San Francisco Class, only problem is that the deflector is placed in the wedge at the front instead of below the saucer.

Design 2 (Independence Class, only problem is that the deflector is on top instead of on bottom. But you could easily just flip the design over if you like it!)

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Mustang Class Starship Development Project

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

WOW!!!

I'm drooling over these ships ... =)

I don't mind changing the ship description to match a really cool design. Honestly, I want a design that really stands out ... something that looks Starfleet, but also completely different from other Starfleet ships!

Keep up the good work, folks!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the SF-Class, can I get that in a Dark Metallic Blue with Chrome detailings???

------------------
**...****...**

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.