Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Shut up, Chakotay! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Shut up, Chakotay!
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I figure its about time for a new contest, so I racked my brain for a while and came up with this:

Shut up, Chakotay!

Ever notice how the Voyager writers have an obnoxious habit of blatantly explaining an episode's title by having Chakotay tell Janeway a long, obnoxious parable? Well, I'm going to turn that into a contest!

I'm going to give you a Voyager episode title. You have to write a long, obnoxious parable for Chakotay to bore us to death with. The rules are:

1. Chakotay must include the episode title.

2. Chakotay must make the parable as funny as possible.

3. Chakotay must explain how this parable pertains to some aspect of the episode. The more insane the logic, the better.

I, of course, will judge the contest.

This week's episode is:

Eye of the Needle

------------------
"The only good thing about this film is the edible chocolate roaches they gave out. Mmm, mmm... Wait a minute, edible roaches don't crawl. Edible roaches don't crawl!"

- Jay Sherman, The Critic.

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooooh...I might try this later on, I'm a bit busy at the minute. Sounds fairly cool, though.

How long is "long", Bludgeoning The Weather?

------------------
Go Mad.
Go Evil.
Just GO.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One large paragraph, or the equivalent.

------------------
"The only good thing about this film is the edible chocolate roaches they gave out. Mmm, mmm... Wait a minute, edible roaches don't crawl. Edible roaches don't crawl!"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just can't seem to make the intuitive leap, from Coyotes, rattlesnakes, scorpions and the like, to eyes and needles. . .

------------------
Luke Ford: "What's it like having a dick in your ass?"

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was Eye of the Needle about?

------------------
Star Trek: Legacy -
Timeline of Pertinent Events

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the one where they find a wormhole back to the Alpha Quadrant, but it's too narrow, and there are Romulans on the other side, and it's 20 years earlier.

------------------

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chakotay: "Captain, I must point out an ancient story of my people which I feel relates to this situation we now face. One day, Mr. Bear needed to see Mrs. Bear very badly, but he was far, faaaar away from Mrs. Bear."

Janeway: "Go on. What did Mr. Bear do?"

Chakotay: "Well, he tried many things. He tried drawing a picture of her. He tried seeing her reflection in a lake. He even tried looking through the eye of the needle she used to sew up his trousers to find her."

Janeway: "Well, did he?"

Chakotay: "No."

Janeway: "What did he do?"

Chakotay: "What do you think he did? He whipped it out right there and then and pleased himself. Sheeesh."

Janeway: "Er ... Chakotay, how does this relate to sending a message to Earth?"

Chakotay: "I'm sorry, Captain. But I don't think a message will reach Earth. I think we're wasting our mother-lovin' time, and I think we need to get back at warp nine headed for the Alpha Quadrant."

Janeway: "Anything ELSE, Commander?"

Chakotay: "Yeah, you need to hide those nude pics of you and Mark. Honestly, the Dulaney sisters posted them on the ship's BBoard last week ... half the crew is..."

Janeway: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Chakotay: "The pics don't do it, Kathryn! You need a real man!"

Janeway: "You're right! Mr. Paris, report to the Captain's Ready..."

Chakotay: "PARIS? What? No, me numbskull!"

Janeway: "Numbskull?! You can't call me numbskull!"

Chakotay: "Women."

Janeway: "Men."

::Begin Kissing::

::Story becomes NC-17::

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier ... just as long as I'm the dictator." - George "Dubya" Bush, Dec 18, 2000

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited January 15, 2001).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm.

"Captain, I may have an idea."

"Oh?"

"My people have a legend. Once there was a very old man who had three sons. Two of the sons stayed home to help their father in his twilight years. But the third was not content with life in the village of his birth. He longed to see the world. So one day he set out, through the Great Forest and over the Impassable Mountains. He walked for a long, long time, until he was so far away..."

"Yes?"

"Well, he was really far away. Anyway, having seen the world and everything in it, he wanted to be able to share this knowledge with his father and brothers. But his father had been very old when he left, and he knew that the old man might die by the time he had gotten back. The son despaired of ever seeing his father again, until one day in his wanderings, he discovered a tiny crack running along the ground, no bigger than the eye of the needle. He knelt down and peered within, and through this crack he could see his village, his brothers working in the fields, his father sitting in their home. He was overjoyed. But then he realized that there would be no way to travel through that crack."

"I see. Go on."

"Well Captain, we seem to have discovered just such a crack. But where the son could not travel, perhaps his words could. We could use the wormhole to send a message home. Granted, there's the time difference, but it may be the only chance we get."

"Is that how the son was able to talk with his father?"

"Actually, he ended up taking his knife and filleting himself into very fine strips and passing them through the crack. His brothers sewed him up on the other side."

"Oh."

"But I think the message thing could work."

------------------
20th century, go to sleep.
--
R.E.M.
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Show no patience, tolerance, or restraint.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! I love it! Sol, you da' man!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier ... just as long as I'm the dictator." - George "Dubya" Bush, Dec 18, 2000

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Sol is good!
Lee
Member # 393

No Coyotes. Doesn't count. 8P

I'm guessing we don't get to do one on "Scorpion."

------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh god, the swedish network showed scorpion pt. 1 last sundae. I'd already seen it, and the scorpion-tale is sooo old, it put me off me food.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Lee
Member # 393

Oh come on, I *have* to do this!

Well, let that be a lesson to you, filling yourself up with ice cream before meals. . . 8)

------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

Well, I guess we can chalk this one up as another failed attempt to create a new contest...

Anyway, I declare Sol to be the winner. His entry not only had all the requirements, but for some odd reason, I can actually picture Chakotay telling this story...

JeffKardde wins runner-up, simply because he was the only other person to enter.

------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Oh well. Guess it's better than interminable word association games. Whoever it was did those Capcoms, he should bring them back - they were funny.

------------------
"Businesses used to be like Christianity; if you were faithful and obedient, you could obtain bliss in the afterlife of retirement. Now it's more of a reincarnation model. If the worker learns enough in his current job, he can progress to a higher level of employment elsewhere."

- Dogbert

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps