Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Quote Association: The wrath of Shaka Khan (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Quote Association: The wrath of Shaka Khan
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Bang your head..." Q.R.

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

[This message has been edited by Ritten (edited February 13, 2001).]

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We had a schoolyard bully in Tuktoyaktuk once. Sometimes at night I can still remember him coming into the classroom, swinging that otter over his head. There was just no reasoning with him."
- Fraser, "due South"

------------------
Disclaimer:
"All references to vices and of the supernatural contained in this game are for entertainment purposes only. _Over_The_Edge_ does not promote satanisim, belief in magic, drug use, violence, sexual deviation, body piercing, cynical attitudes toward the government, freedom of expression, or any other action or belief not condoned by the authorities."
- `OverTheEdge'

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, you couldn't find anything using 'bang?' Heck, even Ricky Martin lyrics might have been acceptable. I mean, come on, you wrote the rules to this compo - shouldn't there be one about not using the same word the previous person used?

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too late now, Lee. Besides, I like that quote.

------------------
Disclaimer:
"All references to vices and of the supernatural contained in this game are for entertainment purposes only. _Over_The_Edge_ does not promote satanisim, belief in magic, drug use, violence, sexual deviation, body piercing, cynical attitudes toward the government, freedom of expression, or any other action or belief not condoned by the authorities."
- `OverTheEdge'

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh*

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he didn't have to use "bang". He could still use "head", and get the same effect...

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-Sometimes at night you can hear him weaving his baskets. Clink... Clink... Clink...

-Damnit, Cartman, that's not a scary story!

Eric Cartman and Kyle Broflofsky on the tale of Scuzzlebutt.

------------------
"Oh please. I'm wet, I'm naked. And you think this is some plot to take over the world as a wet monkey in my BIRTHDAY SUIT!"

Mojo Jojo, The Powerpuff Girls

Saiyanman Benjita's Dragonball Page

[This message has been edited by Saiyanman Benjita (edited February 16, 2001).]

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Follow your Dreams, you can reach your goals, and live in prison. Beefcake, KICKS ASS!!!!

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Omega
Member # 91

Is that a quote? I need to know what to reply to.

------------------
Disclaimer:
- `OverTheEdge'

Lee
Member # 393

You miss the point, Timothy. *I* used 'head' in my quote first. Ritten then chose that word as his carryover. It just seems silly to keep using the same word again and again, unless we want to change the rules yet again to see how many different quotes you can get using the same word. . . *eyes his Oxford Dictionary of Quotations* . . . which would basically turn this into another Word Association. . .

Which, by the way, is a rather moronic game. Whose idea was it? I mean, CapComs required you to have a sense of humour. QuoCom - I can't even remember the rules, so I dunno. Star Trek Hangman, OK. Even MindyCom required some intelligence (granted, not very much, but some). But Word Association? That's just reaction to stimuli - hell, amoebas do that. . .

------------------

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the last sure quote.

quote:
Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.

Tom Stoppard

------------------
"One reason I like to highlight reading is, reading is the beginnings of the ability to be a good student. And if you can't read, it's going to be hard to realize dreams, it's going to be hard to go to college. So when your teachers say, read--you ought to listen to her."
~ George W. Bush, Deer-In-The-Headlights of the United States

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited February 16, 2001).]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Whose idea was it?"

*me*

It was better at the beginning. Really. We are most certainly on the way to destruction.

------------------
"...screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!" - Omega.

Irony ensues.

Free Jeff K

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited February 16, 2001).]

Lee
Member # 393

In short, in matters vegetable, animal and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

- W.S.Gilbert, The Pirates of Penzance

I should have known UM would invent a word association game, given his near-legendary oral skills. . .

------------------

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Force is all-conquering, but its victories are short-lived.

Abraham Lincoln

------------------
"One reason I like to highlight reading is, reading is the beginnings of the ability to be a good student. And if you can't read, it's going to be hard to realize dreams, it's going to be hard to go to college. So when your teachers say, read--you ought to listen to her."
~ George W. Bush, Deer-In-The-Headlights of the United States

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"He is weak, but the Force is strong."

Darth Vader,
Star Wars.

------------------
*Kenshiro gets off bed made from solid stone*
*Bed made from solid stone explodes*
Fist of the North Star

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps