Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Another puzzle: Quasi-numerical. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Another puzzle: Quasi-numerical.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the longest time I felt like whatshisname looking for the sailboat in Mallrats.

But yeah, I see it now that its basically been given away. *whallops his head against the keyboard*

So bloody obvious.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently the latter series has some physical significance.

http://perso.respublica.fr/deauval/conway.htm

This was the only link I could find.

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, color me stupid...

I dont get it.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...which is...
1 1
...which is...
2 1s
...which is...
1 2 and 1 1
...which is...
1 2 and 3 1s
...which is...
1 3, 1 2, and 2 1s
...which is...
1 3, 2 2s, and 3 1s
...which is...
2 3s, 2 2s, and 2 1s
...and so on...

Or, if we just write out the digits by themselves...

...and so on...

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is this supposed to be fun? im gonna go play some mindless shoot-em-up games now.. bye!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grand Theft Auto is always fun.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec is also good...

But I'm a tad biased

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tribes 2, Counter-Strike.... repeat every 3-5 hours. all night. work 8 hours... Tribes 2, Counter-Strike. oh why.... zzzzzzzzz
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Counterstrike! I just got introduced to that game the other day. My friends are turning their basement into a working bar (complete with pool table), and in preperation of painting the room maroon, we were putting up primer. Afterwards, we played Counterstrike -- since they've each got cable modems and access to their own computers, we had some fun playing: they work well together, I guess they play it quite a bit. It's funny to hear them coordinating their strategies by shouting into the hall at each other. I played a few games, I almost always got killed, although I did kill a CT once (when we were playing as T, of course). It was most fun. I tried to DL the software for it, but the DL was too long for me (I'm on a dial-up), so I ordered the software from GameSpy.com on a CD -- should have it in a couple of days. Woohoo!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps