Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Non-Trek "SSA" the second... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Non-Trek "SSA" the second...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. It is not the Civil War.
2. It is not part of a sci-fi fantasy or real life.
3. It is not part of a fictional book.
4. It is not sentient/self-aware.
5. It is not a place.
6. It does now have, or it has ever had, physical existence; i.e., it does take up space.
7. It is artificial.
8. It is not electronic.
9. It is not some sort of computer that has beaten a Russian chess master, and its maker was not one of the first computer manufacturers to incorporate DOS as an operating system into their computers.
10. It is not any type of vehicle propelled by an engine (plane, car, motor boat, etc.).
11. It is not currency.
12. It does not emit sound.
13. It does currently exist.
14. It is not a structure, i.e. house, office building, tomb, etc.
15. It is animal, vegetable, or mineral.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it a family pet? 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have I seen it with my own eyes in reality (as oppossed to on the TV, or a poster, or something).

If you can't answer that, then make it "Have you ever seen it..."

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5. It is not a place.
6. It does now have, or it has ever had, physical existence; i.e., it does take up space.
7. It is artificial.
8. It is not electronic.
9. It is not some sort of computer that has beaten a Russian chess master, and its maker was not one of the first computer manufacturers to incorporate DOS as an operating system into their computers.
10. It is not any type of vehicle propelled by an engine (plane, car, motor boat, etc.).
11. It is not currency.
16. It is not a family pet.
17. I have ever seen it w/ my own eyes in reality (as oppossed to on the TV, or a poster, or something).

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you seen it in the last year?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

5. It is not a place.
7. It is artificial.
8. It is not electronic.
11. It is not currency.
17. I have ever seen it w/ my own eyes in reality (as oppossed to on the TV, or a poster, or something).
18. I have seen it in the last year.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Is it bigger than you?

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, I'm sure that could be accomplished, but not likely.

5. It is not a place.
7. It is artificial.
8. It is not electronic.
11. It is not currency.
19. It is not bigger than me.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can it change size by design? (I.E. - a balloon)

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this a unique item, as opposed to something that has been replicated (forgeries not witstanding) or mass-produced?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

5. It is not a place.
7. It is artificial.
8. It is not electronic.
11. It is not currency.
20. It cannot change size by design, i.e. a balloon.
21. It is not a unique item, as opposed to something that has been replicated (forgeries not withstanding) or mass-produced.

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I likely to have one in my house?

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

5. It is not a place.
7. It is artificial.
8. It is not electronic.
11. It is not currency.
20. It cannot change size by design, i.e. a balloon.
21. It is not a unique item, as opposed to something that has been replicated (forgeries not withstanding) or mass-produced.
22. Omega is likely to have something of the same sort in his house, if not the same specific thing.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Omega has pointed out to me that answers 2 and 22 seem contradictory. This isn't the first time this has given me trouble in answering. The thing is, there are two different ways to think about the answer. One way, it's a physical object. The other way, it's an abstract concept. So, since the other answers all make it very clear that the thing in question really does exist, keep in mind that, when I say in #2 that it isn't part of real life, I'm talking about the abstract concept that the object represents.
Omega
Member # 91

Is it a book, painting, sculpture, or other work of art?

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.