Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Non-Trek "SSA" the second... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Non-Trek "SSA" the second...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. It is not the Civil War.
2. It is not part of a sci-fi fantasy or real life.
3. It is not part of a fictional book.
4. It is not sentient/self-aware.
5. It is not a place.
6. It does now have, or it has ever had, physical existence; i.e., it does take up space.
7. It is artificial.
8. It is not electronic.
9. It is not some sort of computer that has beaten a Russian chess master, and its maker was not one of the first computer manufacturers to incorporate DOS as an operating system into their computers.
10. It is not any type of vehicle propelled by an engine (plane, car, motor boat, etc.).
11. It is not currency.
12. It does not emit sound.
13. It does currently exist.
14. It is not a structure, i.e. house, office building, tomb, etc.
15. It is animal, vegetable, or mineral.
16. It is not a family pet.
17. I have ever seen it w/ my own eyes in reality (as oppossed to on the TV, or a poster, or something).
18. I have seen it in the last year.
19. It is not bigger than me.
20. It cannot change size by design, i.e. a balloon.
21. It is not a unique item, as opposed to something that has been replicated (forgeries not withstanding) or mass-produced.
22. Omega is likely to have something of the same sort in his house, if not the same specific thing.
23. It is a book, painting, sculpture, or other work of art.

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it a book?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5. It is not a place.
6. It does now have, or it has ever had, physical existence; i.e., it does take up space.
7. It is artificial.
8. It is not electronic.
9. It is not some sort of computer that has beaten a Russian chess master, and its maker was not one of the first computer manufacturers to incorporate DOS as an operating system into their computers.
10. It is not any type of vehicle propelled by an engine (plane, car, motor boat, etc.).
11. It is not currency.
17. I have ever seen it w/ my own eyes in reality (as oppossed to on the TV, or a poster, or something).
21. It is not a unique item, as opposed to something that has been replicated (forgeries not withstanding) or mass-produced.
22. Omega is likely to have something of the same sort in his house, if not the same specific thing.
24. It is a book.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it a modern book (written/published in the last 50 years)? Is it considered sacred by any large group of people in the religious sense of the word?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

5. It is not a place.
7. It is artificial.
8. It is not electronic.
11. It is not currency.
24. It is a book.
25. It is not a modern book (written/published in the last 50 years).
26. It is not considered sacred by any large group of people in the religious sense of the word (as far as I know).

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it "My Family, and other animals"?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega has it eh, could it be "The Communist Manifesto".

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

5. It is not a place.
7. It is artificial.
8. It is not electronic.
11. It is not currency.
24. It is a book.
26. It is not considered sacred by any large group of people in the religious sense of the word (as far as I know).
27. It is not My Family and Other Animals.
28. It is not The Communist Manifesto.

And I didn't say Omega had it. I said Omega likely has something of the same sort. In other words, he likely has a book. I just couldn't say that at the time, because you didn't yet know it was a book.

Might I suggest that you try to narrow down the range of books from which to choose, before guessing specific titles?

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it an instruction book?

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we know its not a fiction book.

Is it a text book of some sort ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it a biography or autobiography?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In other words, he likely has a book.

Just to clarify, he likely has a book ... or he likely has a specific kind of book? Because, I think its safe to say everyone here has books so it doesn't make sense to mention Omega has a book unless its because its a specific type of book ... [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

5. It is not a place.
7. It is artificial.
8. It is not electronic.
11. It is not currency.
24. It is a book.
27. It is not My Family and Other Animals.
28. It is not The Communist Manifesto.
29. It is not an instruction book.
30. It is not a text book of some sort (assuming you mean "school book", and not just a book w/ text in it).
31. It is not a biography or autobiography.

The only reason I specified Omega is because Omega asked the question, and he said "I". Therefore, I was answering in the same terms. I couldn't just say "you", because everyone would think it referred to themselves. And Omega didn't ask about anyone else, just himself.

And I want to refer you back to this again:

"BTW, bear in mind that I'm doing this as literally as possible. Exact wording is important in my answers. So don't assume that an answer says something that it actually doesn't. You might be generalizing something that the answer says very specifically."

I hate to give anything away, but you're doing exactly what I told you not to, on exactly the point I was concerned about.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let's narrow this down a bit...

Were it listed in my library's catalog, would it be listed under the Reference section?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it have illustrations?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps