Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Crack? Did somebody say crack?

Author Topic: Crack? Did somebody say crack?
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they probably didn't. But crack this. If I may drop a less-than-nebulous hint, the solution is more answer than result.

Here's the first one:

@@@ABCDEFG

qwertauiop
qwertauiop
qweatyuiop
qweatyuiop
qweatyuiop
qwertauiop
qwerayuiop
qwartyuiop
qwartyuiop
qaertyuiop
qaertyuiop
qaertyuiop
awertyuiop

And the second:

@@@ABCDEFG

qwertauiop
qwertyuaop
qwertyuiap
qwertyuioa
qwertyuioa
qwertyuioa
qwertyuiap
qwertyuaop
qwertyuaop
qwertauiop
qwertyuaop
qwertyuiap
qwertyuioa
qwertyuioa
qwertyuioa
qwertyuiap
qwertyuaop
qwertauiop
qwertyuaop
qwertyuiap
qwertyuaop
qwertyaiop
qwertauiop
qwertyaiop
qwertyuaop
qwertyuiap
qwertyuaop
qwertyaiop
qwertyaiop
qwertauiop
qwertauiop

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't even know where to begin...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are songs but I can't play anything and I have a tin ear so I can't play them properly.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*snorts, and makes clucking noises*

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there seems to be a pattern in that each line is just "q w e r t y u i o p", with one of the letters replaced by the letter "a".

There are 13 lines, not including the top line, "@@@ABCDEFG", which could be some sort of key.

The letters replaced in each line are (in order): y y r r r y t e e w w w q

or letter number 6 6 4 4 4 6 5 3 3 2 2 2 1 of the sequence "q w e r t y u i o p"

There are 10 letters in "q w e r t y u i o p", and there are also 10 letters in "@@@ABCDEFG".

I still don't see the answer, though. There is possibly a cryptic meaning to Tom's clue, that the solution is more answer than result, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

[ January 03, 2002: Message edited by: Jernau Morat Gurgeh ]

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Some promising work done already. A hint: the "@@@" could and should be replaced with three letters. (With 'em, the code would have been bloody obvious)

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps