Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Finish The Story (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Finish The Story
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an interesting game, don't know if anyone's ever played it before. Here's how it goes:

I tell you the end of a story, and you have to figure out the rest of it. Here's the first story:

A man goes into a restaurant, and orders seagull soup. He takes one mouthful of the soup, leaves the restaurant, goes home, and kills himself.

Finish the story.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK...

First off, are you looking for an explaination of these events, or a continuation of them?

If an explaination, are we looking for a specific answer, or just whoever has the most interesting one?

If an explaination, do we get yes-or-no questions to figure this out? 'Cause it's a lot more fun that way.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I forgot to be more clear. The object of this game is to figure out the rest of the story that fits in with the ending. You can only ask yes-or-no questions. In this particular game, you have to figure out why the man killed himself.

--------------------

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did the man kill himself out of remorse for past actions, as opposed to avoiding an unpleasant fate?

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Yes.

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what happened

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Oh, and another thing, if you know what happened (as in you heard the story before), don't mention anything. Of course, if you haven't heard the story before, Captain Mike, you don't know what happened. Send me a PM.

--------------------

Omega
Member # 91

Was his remorse for an action he committed at the restaraunt while he was there at the time mentioned in the story?

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

No.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

*bump*

--------------------

Omega
Member # 91

Did he see something at the restaraunt that reminded him of the past action for which he committed suicide?

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did he kill himself intentionally i.e. suicide or did he have an accident which lead to his death?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Yes.

Yes.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can he intentionally kill himself - accidently?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be like that guy who wanted to kill himself really badly, so he tied a noose to a tree on a cliff, doused himself in gasoline, lit himself on fire, and fired a shot at his head. Bullet missed him, hit the rope, cutting it, and causing his burning self to fall into the water below where a fisherman rescued him.

He died of pneumonia in the hospital.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps