Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Temporal Caption Competition (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Temporal Caption Competition
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Archer: "I can see my house from here."

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Archer: Yeah, but will this Windows XP 2800 still run my old games?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniels: And this is wherre The359 wins the Temporal Caption Competition at the Flare Sci-Fi Forums.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Archer: What's this ship doing? It looks like its shadowing this other one?

Daniels: Yes, well that's kind of an embarassing story really. Although that's a 22nd century ship, it's pathetically trying to retrace the former adventures of a 23rd century vessel.

Archer: Well how is that even possible? I mean if it hasn't happened yet... how can the ship in the present be--

Daniels knowingly nods.

Archer: Oooh. Ouch, right. Gotcha

[ March 15, 2002, 19:49: Message edited by: Balaam Xumucane ]

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Archer: Can you show me again where I leap into the body of the woman with big breasts?

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniels: According to Ziggy here, there's a forty-nine percent chance that you are here to destroy all the continuity in the universe.

Beckett to self: Al's replacement is such a tool.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Archer: So will this play Halo and other Xbox games?

Daniels: Of course!

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniels: And here is when Lee finally judges this Capcom in the year 2089. Unfortunately, many of its former inhabitants are too old or too dead to care. [Wink]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Archer: What's that magenta thing there.. Is it..

Daniels: You can't ask that.

Archer: But I think that..

Daniels: No! Stop

Archer: I was just wondering..

Daniels: If you ask that the universe dies!

Archer: Oh. How bout this thing?

capped
Member # 709

Archer: too bad Midland couldn't be here..
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniels: Bibbity, bobbity, boo!

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a moral here, about messing with the timeline: The359 would have won, but he somehow went back in time and changed his name to 359mph, so he lost. An honourable mention goes to him, anyway. 8)

There was an excellent range of responses here, and picking a winner wan't easy. And once I had picked a winner, choosing a runner-up wasn't any easier.

The winner is, naturally, Krenim, our master of the temporal, for the "terrible deaths" one - though his particular claim to fame is diminished when you read this exchange:

quote:
Krenim 18/03/02 02:20 Ooh... Just be sure not to let the Temporal CapCom sit around for months without being judged.

Lee Kelly 18/03/02 02:21 I judged that two weeks ago. It's a Temporal CapCom, remember?

Krenim 18/03/02 02:21 Uh... *Brain explodes*

Lee Kelly 18/03/02 02:22 And you call yourself after a time-travel aware race. Why, even your real-life Trek namesake could figure that one out. 8)

The runner-up is Tahna Los, who's somehow gotten this idea that I take a long time to judge these things. Nonsense! 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SON OF A...

That close to finally winning a CapCom [Mad] lol

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniels: Welcome to the Plane' arium. If you come later tonight, we'll have laser Kenny G and laser Rick James.

Archer: Isn't it Planetarium?

Daniels: I have a speech impediment which prevents me from saying the "T" in Plane' arium.

Archer: Oh.

Daniels: Now watch the constellations. You love the Plane' arium. To be without the Plane' arium gives you great pain. You will do anything for the Plane' arium.

Archer: (Monotonous) I... Love... The... Planetarium...

--------------------
You've got to be kidding!
I'm wet, I'm naked, your sister is wearing my clothes
And this is all part of some evil plot to rule the world as a soggy chimp in my BIRTHDAY SUIT???!!!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.