Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Assess. Eh? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Assess. Eh?
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
butt butt butt butt butt
butt butt butt butt butt
butt butt butt butt butt
butt butt butt butt butt
butt butt butt butt butt
butt butt butt butt butt

okay???

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You spelled one of those butts wrong. 8P

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Butthead's head'd be butted if Butthead butted heads.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snay:
Your brain was probably on something.

Was it Canadian currency?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't really smoke nickel-bronze alloys, though. Injection is right out. And they get stuck up your nose if you try to snort them, or so I've found.

That plastic money shit you Australians have, though, is something else. Roll 'er up and puff away. Word has it we're getting it for our new 20, 50 and 100 dollar bills.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plastic bills?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we've had plastic/polymer notes for about 10 years now...

they started with the $5 then $10, $20, $50 and finally the $100.

The $5 has recently been changed a little. A schematic of parliament house has been replaced with a portrait of Sir Henry Parkes, the father of Federation.

If you've seen the movie "The Dish" 'Parkes' is a district that was named after him (presumably).

They have raised (mircoscopic) indentations/patterns
See-through 'windows'

And other shite to stop counterfitting - i'd say the many subtle changes in shades/colours in each note wouldn't make it easy to conterfeit either.

The colours have always been the same:
$5 - pinky/purple
$10 - bluish
$20 - orangey-red
$50 - Yellowish
$100 - Greenish (the old paper version was black and white with hints of pink)

plus each note is bigger than the next as you increase in amount. (for the blind - etc.)

we don't have 1c or 2c anymore (copper) only 10c, 20c, 50c (it's a dodecahedron), $1 and $2 coin. They toyed with the idea of the $5 coin - it didn't take off - and it was fucking huge - they only minted a few - mum has a few - they were trialed in Adelaide and mum was there at the time!

10/20/50's are silver
1 and 2 dollar coins are gold

I hope you enjoyed your tour through the Australian currency.

Thankyou, come again. ;o)

Andrew

--------------------

Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Australia has money? You guys don't just trade wildlife and dirt?

"Ah, mate, that'll be two ki'allas an' one dingo."

Interesting. Leave it to the criminals to find out the best way to prevent counterfeiting. Good ideas, you guys have.

cptmkb
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for cptmkb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Can't trade Koalas... too dangerous. There are some particularly nasty breeds affectionately nick-named 'drop-bears'. There are the occasional reports of campers being 'attacked' by them while out bush. They drop onto you during the night and scratch at the eyes and bite at the neck.

--------------------

Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And cuddle you to death, too.
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to go to Austraila regardless of the cobra, the world's deadliest spider, and the dingo. But koalas that jump out of trees on your ass? That's too much, man.

I'll just stay here at Ft. Scum, with the rattlesnakes rustling under the floorboard.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Thoughtychops, I'm pulling your leg. [Smile]
The scariest thing a Koala could do would fall on you from being so stoned from eating all those Eucalyptus leaves! LOL!

It's just funny to make up these stories, cause so many "stupid Americans" TM. think that we have Kangaroos hopping down the mainstreets and we all ride emu's to work and school!

It's not like that at all... we ride wombats! [Smile]

We have a bit of bush near us - and we do get wallabies in the mornings in that tract of bush. And I've seen the occasional rabbit run down our street. heh.

The first time I encountered a Koala up close (held one) was when my Cousin came over from the States at the start of the year and I took her to Lone Pine Koala sanctuary. So many Koalas there!! So cute. (Smelly too ;o) )

Of course all the animals there are relatively tame, and I hand fed some kangaroos - that was cool. A lot of the things were asleep (cause alot of them are nocturnal - Koala's, Tassie devils, Wombats (you know they can run at 40 kph!!) Fruit Bats etc.) Oh we also get the odd possum in the trees and fruit-bats in the trees (they love the mango trees - well any fruit trees - hence 'fruit-bat')

There was a Cassawory there too - now these are amazing creatures. They are the worlds third largest bird (I think) they are facing extinction (which is sad) but they live in the rainforests of north Queensland... They are VERY territorial. They have these huge toes with claws that have been known - when attacking people to slice open people's necks and abdomen etc! Crazy! heh heh (now these are true) Then you've got your Crocodiles - but they're only in Far North Queensland and the Northern Territory.

What so many tourists (read: stupid Americans) think is that Australia is a little island that they can travel around in in a few days. Totally wrong. Do you realise that Australia is larger than the US mainland!?! Major cities are much further apart. (I remember hearing these people (read: stupid American tourists [Smile] ) ask someone if they could drive to Darwin for the day - hello that's like 2000km or something away!) LOL! *shakes head*.

So yeah, come to Australia with the:

World's deadliest Spider, world's deadliest Snake, Crocodiles, Dingoes, Great White Sharks, Box Jelly Fish etc etc! LOL!

Andrew

P.S. I've been stung by a blue-bottle jellyfish.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently ya'll don't have the world's deadliest blue-bottle jellyfish. HAH!
cptmkb
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for cptmkb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i cant believe ive tiptoed around this thread all week without reading it... must be the fact that ive worked 68 hours between my two jobs

--------------------
"C'mon, tightly hold your hand / Take a deep breath, give them the finger / Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?" - Our Lady Peace, One Man Army

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.