Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » BlooperCom, or, It'll Be Alright In The CapCom (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: BlooperCom, or, It'll Be Alright In The CapCom
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How hard can it conceivably be? You're in the process of filming an episode, one already infamous for having been written by about a dozen people (a DOZEN people - what, were the million monkeys tied up on that Shakespeare project?). It involves major alterations to the standing sets, lighting rigs, and costumes on a scale that wouldn't be seen again until "Masks" or "All Good Things. . ." - even the changes in the alternate-universe epic "Parallels" would be minor in comparison.

And then they film this scene, the "Everything's back to normal! Yay!" coda. Not counting extras, there are probably about 30 people with their attention focussed on this little exchange of dialogue - Burton, Goldberg, the director, camera operator, focus-puller, script girl, continuity girl (ha!), assorted producers, Christ knows who else, and not one of them thinks "Should those cuffs really be there?" They were probably only held on with a few stitches!

-

(BTW, the alternate title of this thread is a reference to a long-running bloopers comilation show on British TV - a nice touch, I thought)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guinan: (thinks) "Um, am I still in the wrong universe? Ack, headache!!!"

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geordi (thinks): "Ooh. Colors!"

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What exactly's the matter with this photograph, anyway?
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Guinan had a different outfit in the beginning of Yesterday's Enterprise... perhaps something in blue satin?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goldberg: Wearing a Fram Oil Filter on your head is one thing, LaVar, but drinking Tranmission Fluid is a whole nother ball game!

Goldberg Thinking, "Come on LaVar, love me up and turn me into a toad!"

Burton: Egad, One drink of this and Marina starts looking like Whoopie.

Goldberg: Come on LaVar, sing it with me:

Its been a long road
Getting from there to here
Its been a long time
But my time is finally near
I will seem my dreams come alive at last
I will touch the sky
And they're no gonna hold me down no more, no they're not gonna change my mind

'Cause I got faith, of the heart
I'm going where my heart will take me
I got faith to believe that I can do anything
I got strength, of the soul
And nobody's gonna bend or break me
I can reach, any star
'Cause I got faith...faith of the heart..

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Oh look! Two German soldiers hiding behind the table!"

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry wins.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Magnus Pym Eye:
What exactly's the matter with this photograph, anyway?

Geordi is wearing the long cuffs and high collar belonging to the alternate Enterprise-D... but this scene takes place after the timeline has been rebooted.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

"Oh look! Two German soldiers hiding behind the table!"

Oh, nice one!!

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Prismatic EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
those german soldiers have frickin' tiny heads.
IP: Logged
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

They shrank due to the extreme space-time distortions in the vicinity of that anomaly.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guinan: Wait a minute, you're not Geordi!

Alt-Geordi: Shh. If I stay here long enough, I can get my regular universe citizenship.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Well, WELL, Mr. LaForge! I guess the cuffs DO match the collar, eh? Nudgenudge, winkwink!"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Prismatic EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
They shrank due to the extreme space-time distortions in the vicinity of that anomaly.

then why wasn't Guinan's bulbous cranium also shrunk?
IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps