Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Star Truck II: The Wrath of Brain (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Truck II: The Wrath of Brain
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine had me bid on the animation cell to this interesting Anamaniacs episode... too bad there isn't a pic with Khan and his big plastic chest.
 -

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, that's great.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should probably be thinking of a funny caption for this, but my brain is not working correctly. I can't seem to get past that the transporter platform is in the middle of the bridge.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Siegy, think of it as the Relativity... TOS style!

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But it's a continuity error!
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NARF!
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've long wanted a screencap of Pinky & The Brain coming off the trnsporter pad (when Brain says "Set phasers on conquering the universe!"). I think I have a .wav of that line somwehere. . .

But, my all-time favourite Trek parody has to be Sesame Street's "Starship Surprise!" In which muppet versions of Picard (purple, with plummy English accent), Worf (with little muppet head-ridges), Data and Crusher (neither of whom have lines) beam down to planet in search of surprising things. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always found the Care Bears take on Trek to be rather amusing. When I was little, of course... [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen any of those before.

Some smart geek could probably make a bit of money by collecting these vignettes on video or DVD and selling them at conventions and stuff.

On the other hand, doing so would probably involve violating dozens of copyright laws, and as a librarian (and somebody who talks big about law and order and not breaking the rules) I can't advocate that.

Unless said geek actually managed to get permission, with royalties small enough to make producing the video cost-effective.

Blather.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The nerds on the Internet are not Geeks" It came from the simpsons. From the episode where Homer is labelled a pervert. From the apologies list in the "Rock Bottom" scene (I think that's what that America's Most Wanted ripoff was called)

Anyways. I think I remember seeing that somewhere, a picture in a magazine or ad for something. I can't remember. It's funny though [Smile]

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Care Bears did a take on Trek? And I missed it? Oh wait....Trek didn't hit me until I was about 12. I would seriously love to see all the Trek bits that other shows have done...but yeah. Keep wishing. Blah.

Also, Animaniacs rock.

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

I remember one Animaniacs episode where Willam Shatner reads books to children, Captain Kirk style. It was a funny episode. The pic from the episode I posted had an interesting McCoy, Spock, and Kirk chemistry going on. It was quite funny, even when Khan showed up.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dexter's Lab sort of did a Trek parody. Except it was more of a parody of hyper-collecting Trek fanboys.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trekkin, across the universe. Boldly going forward, cause we can't find reverse... [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vogon.. never seen that Sesame Street skit, but the one with Patrick Stewart (the real one) and The Count attempting to organize a line of numbers (including a troublesome "Number One") is a real classic.

There really ought to be an online database of these things. Hidden amongst the hundreds of hours of lessons about teamwork and alphabetizing are some comic gems.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.