Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Movie Contest (Page 12)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Movie Contest
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
Starship Troopers.

Round 48: http://home.arcor.de/spike730/movies/048.jpg
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monsters Inc.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Monsters Inc.

Round 49: http://home.arcor.de/spike730/movies/049.jpg

[ April 25, 2003, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Spike ]

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now this was a tuff one.

"Beim Aufruf dieser Seite ist ein Fehler aufgetreten".

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assuming its http://home.arcor.de/spike730/movies/049.jpg , is it Scary Movie? I seem to remember something about a garage door in that. Although I could be imagining things.

Edit: Tada!

Nim
Member # 205

Spike needs to add "/movies/" to his line, you need to move the comma. ;-)

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inside the E-E's shuttlebay? [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might as well guess and say Scream, although I'm sure the garage door was green. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
Might as well guess and say Scream, although I'm sure the garage door was green. . .

Round 50: http://home.arcor.de/spike730/movies/050.jpg

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Nim
Member # 205

"Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country"

I've always wondered what he put in that scrotum-goblet.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed.

Well, that was fun. Nice one Patrick, very well-thought-out competition. The sheer amount of work that must have gone into it all. . . Anyone else feel like having a go? Like Nim, for one, since he's obviously got a lot of time on his hands given how much he seems to be online! 8)

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm online a lot more than Nim, I think but I have no DVD capture ability... [Frown]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually agree, this was fun although most of the captures were posted at times I was you know......doing that life thing, I honestly can't think of a better solution.

Nonetheless, I greatly respect the amount of work and movie watching that must have went into this [Smile]

As for the future, an idea would be to distribute the work among all members. i.e. have a central upload point, and a moderator that filters the pictures for inappropriate content. Members can upload screenshots, along with a description of where it came from, and who captured it.....so we know who to blame if it was all a practical joke;)
Then the moderator could release one per day or something. i.e. "Today's screenshot was brought to you by blah"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
As for the future, an idea would be to distribute the work among all members. i.e. have a central upload point, and a moderator that filters the pictures for inappropriate content. Members can upload screenshots, along with a description of where it came from, and who captured it.....so we know who to blame if it was all a practical joke;)
Then the moderator could release one per day or something. i.e. "Today's screenshot was brought to you by blah"

A bit complex, wouldn't you say?
Lee
Member # 393

Well, I see what he's saying - spreading the capping work around. Problem is, it's more fun playing the game and testing one's film knowledge than being one of the cappers and therefore unable to participate.

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.