Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Music Contest II (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Music Contest II
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think Simon would ever listen to something mainstream enough to have topped the charts.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! I have recognized most, if not all, of these titles once the answers have been given, though I haven't been playing along.

Horrifyingly elitest statement for which anyone should feel justified in punching me in the face:

I wouldn't be caught dead with the majority of them in my MP3 folder, is all.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This, by no means is any indication of my mp3 collection. Personally, my collection is 60s music, with some 70s spillover (about 6000 mp3s, largely of old [local] Michigan/Chicago/Ohio bands). Perhaps not much better by your opinions, but I don't care, I'm a 60s child at heart. [Razz]

Anyway, I was trying to diversify the songs a little because a fair number of Spikes songs were things I've never really heard on this side of the pond, as the radio is my primary source of auditary-knowledge. Knowing I could have easily done the same thing, I tried to post something mainstream in hopes of it being something midstream. Oh well.

Anywho, I declare this game a flop and might as well call it off. [Frown]

The last selection was:

Alice Cooper - "Poison"
Climax Blues Band - "Couldn't Get It Right"
Roy Orbison - "Pretty Woman" - {Spike}
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Under The Bridge"
Gary Glitter - "Rock & Roll, Part II" (aka the "Hey" song you heard at sporting events performed by the kiddie pr0n culprit) [Wink]

{}- 2 points

Final scores in this blowout:

1.) TSN (33 points) - yay.
2.) Spike (16� points)
3.) The_Tom (10� points)
4.) Cartmaniac (8 points)
5.) Nim (6 points)
6.) Phoenix (4 points)
7.) Omega (1 point)

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if that was going to be the last round, I should have just participated and gotten my seven extra points.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.