Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » The Best Ever Episode Title, Ever (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Best Ever Episode Title, Ever
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So it's all Q's fault. The Borg knew of the Federation, but they were too far away to be immediately assimilated or to threaten the Collective. Then all of a sudden this huge starship pops into their territory, spends a few hours there, then just as mysteriously pops out again. All of a sudden the UFP is of immense interest. Maybe they even finally received a message from the "Regeneration" Borg and decided to make a move.

Strangely enough, it all sort-of fits, and finally replaces the "the Borg didn't know about the Federation until them met the E-D" theory that got scuppered by Generations and "Dark Frontier" (to pick one of several eps that screwed our perceptions of the timeline about).

Perhaps that's why Q got in trouble with the Continuum, and explains his "Don't antagonise the Borg!" warning he later gave his son. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to do this:

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Strangely enough, it all sort-of fits, and finally replaces the "the Borg didn't know about the Federation until them met the E-D" theory that got scuppered by Generations and "Dark Frontier" (to pick one of several eps that screwed our perceptions of the timeline about).

Or, say, "The Neutral Zone", which has the Borg scooping up several Federation colony worlds along the Neutral Zone.

I suppose we actually have to come up with a reason why THAT cube never wandered over to the Federation proper. Did the colony's not have any information on Earth? Unlikely, considering that every Federation computer seems to have information on everything from the dawn of time. Was their mission just to attack the Neutral Zone? Possible, and the Borg are a bit simple minded, so they possibly wouldn't have deviated from that until the Collective had had time to analyse the data.

Personally, I think that the "Neutral Zone" cube got there by accident. A wormhole, or something. And then fell into another wormhole immedietly after.

Or, maybe, just maybe, Q had already decided to teach humanity a lesson by showing them that they weren't aware of what was out there, so he bought a cube into Federation space for a bit, and then sent it back, hoping perhaps that the devestation would cause Starfleet to pull it's collective finger out. That didn't really work, so he then tried an alternative approach of sending the Enterprise to them.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, is it too late to rattle off episode titles like Lee wanted us to do?

And I think "The Moonlight Dances On An Open Grave With The Grace of Time Itself" is a kick ass title. I may have to use it sometime.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
I hate to do this:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lee:
[qb]I suppose we actually have to come up with a reason why THAT cube never wandered over to the Federation proper. Did the colony's not have any information on Earth? Unlikely, considering that every Federation computer seems to have information on everything from the dawn of time. Was their mission just to attack the Neutral Zone? Possible, and the Borg are a bit simple minded, so they possibly wouldn't have deviated from that until the Collective had had time to analyse the data.

Mabye the Borg ship was backtracking some intresting Iconian technology they found elsewhere and that led them to the NZ?
I seem to recall the Transwarp hub not being built by the Borg themselves......but that could be the crack talking.
It's Christmas, after all.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well now THAT would be interesting... All the transwarp hubs and conduits leftover from some race that the Borg assimilated.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or the Borg were themselves an offshoot of said race.....
Mabye they were even tampered with via technology and just sorta took the ball and ran with it...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yeah, episode titles. Forgot about them. This goes on, this could be about the first thread ever moved OUT of the Contest Forum. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

The contest is to derail the topic in under 5 pages.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I don't want to re-rail this thread, I'll just list a few episode title from a couple series (::cough::cartoons::cough: :) I watch regularly.

From The Big O: Winter Night Phantom, Negotiations with the Dead

From Zoids Chaotic Century: The Longest Night of the Republic, The Resurrection Monster, The Moment of Annihilation, Return to Another Tomorrow

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the Borg, maybe they were busy fighting the Romulans and didn't have any available resources i.e. ships to send into the Federation proper. The Romulan Commander in TNZ did say that matters of more importance had caused their absence ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But how could they fight the Borg?
They don't even have any characters on the main cast! [Wink]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well in Best of Both Worlds according to Q and Guinan (I think - which would mean most opinions held by El Aurians - covering Generations) The Borg's sole purpose was improving their technology. So the Q-flash would have been candy for the Borg. It easily explains away Dark Frontier, The Neutral Zone and Regeneration too... since as mentioned - the Borg may have been aware of the Federation presence but they didn't have anything that would ad to their collective whole - they had enough races like that near by to them to deal with. How do we not know that Q brough BOTH the cube and the Enterprise to system J25?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Intresting idea....I never considered the possibility of Q nabbing the Borg too....
Still, If that's the case, it means that Q intended the distance of the J system to act as a buffer of a year or so between the Fed and the cube.
He's basically leaving humanity's chances of survival at zero.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he wasn't, since humanity wasn't wiped out.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"They don't even have any characters on the main cast! [Wink] "

Hmm.

Hmm.

They have the, erh, semi-recurring G'karmalak! Yeah. If he can stand up to Picard, then he could stand up to the Borg any day. B)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps