Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » The Best Ever Episode Title, Ever (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Best Ever Episode Title, Ever
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
How do we not know that Q brough BOTH the cube and the Enterprise to system J25?

Planets in the region had already been Borg-scooped. There's no reason to assume that Q brought the Borg to the area and let them go play while he went to bother the Enterprise (preparing to bring them to the Borg), given the Borg habit of boldly going to assimilate what they haven't assimilated before.

--------------------
G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, uh, the Borg were floating around that same sector ... what? Looking for a city they might have forgotten to scoop up?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possibly they were integrating a few million tons of "scooped" materials into the cube itself, accounting for that cube's larger size and diffrent appearance.
Plus, that cube had the cool ability to physically repair itself (something overlooked in Voyager) so mabye it's technology was unique.

Or mabye they were just "full" fromall that scooping (picutre of Borg Queen in Al Bundy pose on a couch).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or mabye they were just "full" fromall that scooping (picutre of Borg Queen in Al Bundy pose on a couch).

LOL! Would Janeway be Peggy Bundy?

I guess that would leave 7 of 9 as Kelly and Harry Kim as Bud Bundy. [Smile] Would Neelix be Buck? [Smile]

B'Lanna and Tom as Marci and Steve? [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone should really Photoshop that scene, Andrew.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swear I'm going to do a cartoon of Apu from the Simpsons borgified and call it "Seven of Eleven"

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chakotay would be Steve and Paris would be Jefferson. [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chocolate-Day would be Siegfried and Paris should be Roy.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
I hate to do this:

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Strangely enough, it all sort-of fits, and finally replaces the "the Borg didn't know about the Federation until them met the E-D" theory that got scuppered by Generations and "Dark Frontier" (to pick one of several eps that screwed our perceptions of the timeline about).

Or, say, "The Neutral Zone", which has the Borg scooping up several Federation colony worlds along the Neutral Zone.

I suppose we actually have to come up with a reason why THAT cube never wandered over to the Federation proper. Did the colony's not have any information on Earth? Unlikely, considering that every Federation computer seems to have information on everything from the dawn of time. Was their mission just to attack the Neutral Zone? Possible, and the Borg are a bit simple minded, so they possibly wouldn't have deviated from that until the Collective had had time to analyse the data.

Personally, I think that the "Neutral Zone" cube got there by accident. A wormhole, or something. And then fell into another wormhole immedietly after.

Or, maybe, just maybe, Q had already decided to teach humanity a lesson by showing them that they weren't aware of what was out there, so he bought a cube into Federation space for a bit, and then sent it back, hoping perhaps that the devestation would cause Starfleet to pull it's collective finger out. That didn't really work, so he then tried an alternative approach of sending the Enterprise to them.

when you say, "Neutral zone" are you refering to TNG time frame ....or TOS? i'd like to know because of a related querry. there was book published years ago that said that the TOS's planet killer was a foe of the borg. if your refering to borg mischieft in the NZ during TOS, where was the Planet Killers location and flight path compared to the NZ and by extention the delta quadrant?

or are you thinking TNG thus neatly putting 20, 456 pin holes with a needle the size of New Jersey into my teddy bear idea? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clearly he's thinking TNG. Look at the context of the message. Did YOU see any Borg in TOS? He's referring to the Borg cube which scooped up Federation outposts on the Romulan Neutral Zone in the episode "The Neutral Zone" ... which I believe he does in fact mention.

Newbies ... can't converse with 'em, can't kill 'em ... [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, now, go easy on Anime Boy. He was only recycling. B)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:

Newbies ... can't converse with 'em, can't kill 'em ... [Big Grin]

We'll see what Charles has to say about that...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
Now, now, go easy on Anime Boy. He was only recycling. B)

lordy! "anime boy"? well i guess there are worse fates. still, you guys didnt't answer the question about the plant killer and it's flightpath. think it's possible it had something to do with the borg?

and not that note, since i'm currently bored & currently listening to Motley Crue, does V'ger have anything to do with the borg or the price of teabagings in the sex trade industry in thailand? [Eek!]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.