Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » The Never-Ending Story: Inhale the stench that makes the whole world wail (Page 68)

This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70   
Author Topic: The Never-Ending Story: Inhale the stench that makes the whole world wail
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* EVERYONE back to the one word per post rule unless it is a compound word or a proper noun - which must be captilaised.

Without provocation, Charles Lindemeyer Conglomerate Incorporated "Gunnshots"� Brand Rectal Suppositories, malfunctioned while

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
being

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
annoyed.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"*sigh* EVERYONE back to the one word per post rule unless it is a compound word or a proper noun - which must be captilaised."

Um... No.

In the morning

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Incredible Edible Egg
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
awoke with a jerk

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
named
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee Kelly.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"*sigh* EVERYONE back to the one word per post rule unless it is a compound word or a proper noun - which must be captilaised."

Um... No.

for 65 pages we had that rule - and now you want to change it? Ptth!Where does it stop? Lee just had "Awoke with a jerk" - if you wanted to just allow things like 'a' and 'the' fine but Awoke, with and jerk are all points where different posters could change the outcome of the story.

Medieval

--------------------

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The rule has been abolished since page 60. Read up.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

So how many words can we post - as many as we like it seems.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

From page 60:

quote:
After a bit of a whinge, TSN wrote:

Couldn't we make a rule that prepositions and conjunctions don't count?

Most frequently used prepositions: out of about 85-150 in the English language. 360 if you include complex prepositions.

http://www.hhs.helena.k12.mt.us/Students/OconnorJean/Clark/tsld003.htm

Then you have cordinating conjunctions and to make the list larger subordinating conjunctions.

Adding a conjunction or a preposition is not hard and it can impact on the story's out-come.

--------------------

Cartman
Member # 256

It's not that they're hard to add. It's just that it sucks to be the one to have to post "the" or "on" or whatever when the guy before you would probably have done so himself ANYWAY.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wah!? It was "1000 gunshots" before CUMBOY edited his post.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
It's not that they're hard to add. It's just that it sucks to be the one to have to post "the" or "on" or whatever when the guy before you would probably have done so himself ANYWAY.

I agree with that - but do we limit to the 'most used' ten prepositions and conjunctions. As I found there are more than just the or to or on or a... Then we, as I said get into words that carry a heavier weight in dictating the course of the story like: beneathe, beside, outside, until, during, except etc. It opens a Pandora's Box! [Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps