Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Capcom Teatime (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Capcom Teatime
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Winner third round is Jason; without breaking character, he surprised with a high-brow symbolism joke. (sic)

Runner-up is Da_bang80, for correctly pointing out the disproportional vanity of Grievous, as portrayed in ROTS.

Right, ears and noses will be the trophies of the day (previous-round winners get first picks), then a sojourn back in the clubhouse with a little spongecake and a little wine.

If the pic, or pics, were of too similar themes it was not intentional. Remember that.

I wonder if there should even be a fourth round since you all stink so much it's unreal. Maybe a communal shower first. Hah!

[ September 27, 2006, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Nim ]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, forget that. Here we go. Strength and honor.

-

Bonus squab-on-a-stick to the first one who identifies the movie.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mormonism: coming soon to Asia.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If I can't keep Mr. Stevenson, I'm gonna hold my breath until I turn gay."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I have a bomb in the suitcase"

"Ah, well. We have a weasel in this basket here."

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd guess the Big Boss for the movie.

----

As agreed upon, here is my Uncle Loo...now give me back my basket!

Agreed. Lee get you stuff out of that basket and give it to Mr. Cheng. I must say Mr Cheng I�ve never seen anyone so devoted to a basket before. To give up your Uncle Loo to work my mines, it must be worth a great deal

No, not so much. I really wanted rid of Uncle Loo. He�s starting to make my pad smell like old people. He chews with is mouth open and he drools. He�s all yours.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
[i]

Runner-up is Da_bang80, for correctly pointing out the disproportional vanity of Grievous, as portrayed in ROTS.

i]

I did?

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Nim
Member # 205

He did seem very fond of his red, pleated cape in the beginning of ROTS (reminded me of Lrrr of Omicron Persei 8). Complete with individual saber pocketses. Wish they'd kept John DiMaggio for his voice.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"WAL-Mart now buying direct from the Viet Cong...to save you money!"

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The man from Del Monte, he selects only the tastiest babies for you.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never knew Forrest Gump was actually a remake of a Hong Kong action film. The moving line "life is like a suitcase full of Shanghai-style Chow Mein - you never know how many prawns you're going to get" did lose something in translation, however.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
Member # 205

Jay correctly guessed the movie and as a result, is now the proud owner of delectable little squab. Mayhap he can trade it for a balloon-ride. Or, say, ten beads. Nudge-bloody-nudge.

Winner this round is Jason, for not having any scrouples when it comes to wal-mart.
Silver goes to Lee; that man's pants really is pulled up too high for any non-Gump person (man in the pic, not Lee).

Honorable mention goes to Sir Bobby Charlton, for his awesome and decisive midfield goal that made a whole nation sigh with relief in the 1970 World Cup Finals.

And as a bonus to all of you all other chums, here is the actual, original subtitles for the picture shown above, directly from the "Big Boss"-DVD;

-

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Well, lookee here, we got ourselves a reader. . ."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, FOBs...

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps