Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Time for a dinner party! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Time for a dinner party!
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frankly Sean, I was hoping for something more Doc Brown, involving the total destruction of the whole universe, or at the very least our own galaxy. I'm not upset, just disapointed.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mohammad, Christ, 'Virgin' Mary, Mary Magdalene, and a miscellaneous prostitute. Just to see what is what and how they'd react to my #6.

Hitler could fill in for Mohammad, to see how his reaction would be to meeting Jesus, and visa-versa.

Moses could fill in for Christ, which could cause a bit of tension with Mohammad/Hitler.

Mother Teresa could fill in for either Mary.

As for the rest, well, that would just have to develop.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you *want* the table to be all tense? [Wink]
Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
Moses could fill in for Christ, which could cause a bit of tension with Mohammad/Hitler.

Moses is actually an important prophet in the Islamic faith. His life is given a fuller account in the Koran than most prophets recognized by Islam.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, you guys really took to this, more so than any other place I've posted it. I'm glad to see it. Some interesting choices among some of the obvious ones. Anyway, my first-string would be as follows:
  • Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus Augustus
  • Norton I, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Mae West
  • Scheherazade
  • Hatshepsut
All are "royalty" in there own way (as Mae West was queen of the movies). Two are entertainers. Two fought for power. Three were highly beloved by their peoples. I think it would be a hell of a conversation as the rulers (real & not) talked shop, as the entertaining lasses spun their wiles.

Second-string would be as follows:
  • Livia Drusilla, later Julia Augusta
  • Margaret Brown, AKA "Molly Brown"
  • Robert Heinlein
  • Golda Meir
  • Jon Stewart
How would the replacements affect things? Well, if Livia was there with Augustus, he'd have a very different attitude, that's for sure; she manipulated him greatly. I think Mae West & Molly Brown would get along grandly, & Heinlein would really dig everyone. Golda & Augustus would probably bond over the problems in Judea, & I think Stewart would dig Mae, Molly, & Golda as well as have loads of fun with Norton.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I could come up with many lists of comedians I would love to eat with. The conversations would no doubt be very interesting.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scheherazade is a fictional character, isn't she?
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was in fact quite real.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Oh. I thought she was based around a few Persian queens, but she herself was a character. Well, live and learn.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Ginger Beacon:
Well, I think we'd all like to meet Ban Franklin! One of the greatest, if not most debauched mind that ever lived!

Reminds me of that episode of The Office (US). [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps John Browning, or Nikola Tesla would be interesting to meet.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps