Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Live, In stereo, 10 Questions!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Live, In stereo, 10 Questions!!
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, moved to a different forum and cut down for timing but still as great. It's 10 questions, with your hostess, the Resident SexGoddess (the crowd cheers)!!! ....

1. If nothing sticks to Teflon, how does Teflon stick to the pan?
2. Skinnydipping, anyone?
3. Why do Hotdogs come in packages of 10 when hotdog BUNS come in packages of 8?
4. So how many people won UK passports?
5. "This, above all: _________________"
6. What is in the mixed drink "Orgasm"?
7. Who invented the Polyester Leisure Suits?
8. How many "World's Largest Ball of Strings" are there, and where are they located?
9. Who here owns a mac? *grrr*
10. "Once upon a time, __________________"

Thanks to FrankG for question #1
Dont forget CREATIVITY counts!

------------------
10 days and counting........
*HUGE EFFING BIGASS GRIN*
"Never underestimate the light side .......... ...... of duct tape."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Heh heh heh...
2. Sure. As long as you're skinny.
3. To get you to buy 80 at a time.
4. Not me. I'm still stuck in the US. Wait, that's good!
5. The sky.
6. Erm...endorphins?
7. Peter Leisure.
8. Well, there's the Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota... something like 17,000 pounds...
9. Me!
10. There was a person standing on top of an abstract concept. But not anymore.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"CORUSCANT...DOES NOT COMPUTE...I mean, uh, you're under arrest." - Anonymous battle droid

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1)The same mystic force that allows Blu-tack to do its thing. MAGIC!

2)You seem to imply that I normally wear clothing...

3) Two in a bun! Yum! Ooo, suit you madam!

4) Everybody who got enough points as I said. Losers take heart, you can still try at the Home Office.

5) Wear Sunscreen! (LOL!)

6) <8-[....] (Jaw dropping smilie)

7) Alan Partidge?

8) There's said to one inside the Great Pyramid of Egypt. The Egyptians worshipped cats you know...Because they thought they were funny.

9) Nope. A PC neither!

10) ...but she was drunk and thought I was someone else.

------------------
"It seems strange that I, Kudos, a doubter, should be given this luxurious window seat whilst you.... AGEING with age, rot away in that disgrace of an aisle seat. Ha, Hah!
Where is your God now old woman?!"
"Jesus, I'm sorry I asked...!"

- THE BIG BUS

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*begins crowds cheering*

1. Unknown; it was made by those backward Mac people.
2. Sure. I'll bring the pool.
3. "It is the order of things."
4. I suppose that depends on how well we all scored.
5. "This, above all: When chasing ducks, be sure to keep a distance from, er, 'surprises.'"
6. I think we should erect a monument in honour of this one...
7. I recall his name being Sir Oxymoron...
8. I really don't care as long as they're not located on a tip of a mountain overlooking my house...
9. Those who shall reply and be swiftly executed.
10. "Once upon a time, those silly humans used to believe the Earth revolved around their star."

------------------
Garak: "I do apologize. You must be incensed. In fact, if I were in your shoes, I'd... grab a bottle of champagne and shoot me." (DS9: "Our Man Bashir")

[Hehe. *fixes typo* Probably more though...]

[This message was edited by Elim Garak on May 26, 1999.]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

*starts to explain, but three men in dark coats and sunglasses come in and take him away*

I don't think Skinny has dipped anyone recently, but I hear he's due for a comeback...

3. Why do Hotdogs come in packages of 10 when hotdog BUNS come in packages of 8?

A survey conducted by the FCC and the BBB in 1956 showed that one in five people prefer to eat their hot dogs in some manner other than in a bun. Government regulation over the past 43 years has eventually forced all companies who sell hot dogs and buns in equal numbers out of business.

I have no bloody idea... :-)

"...to thine own elf be nude."

Trust me, you don't want to know!
*actually, has no idea* :-)

Baloo.

8. How many "World's Largest Ball of Strings" are there, and where are they located?

Well, by definition, if it's the largest, there can be only one. And, if that be the case, it must belong to the Highlander... :-)

The computer, or the sweater? :-)

"...there lived three weasels: a papa weasel, a mama weasel, and a little weasling. One day, the weasels were just sitting down to eat their acorn sludge, when little Baby weasel (who preferred 'Baby', to his real name 'Quentin Murgatroyd Ferretman IV') screamed like a banshee, 'MY SLUDGE IS TOO F***ING HOT!!!'. The weasel parents agreed that their sludge was also too f***ing hot, so they all decided to go out and rob a bank while they waited for it to cool. Now, while they were gone, Goldiechops happened across their home. Since the absentminded rodents had left their door open, the amoral young delinquent decided to go in and see what she could rip off. When she got inside, she found three bowls of acorn sludge on the table. She took one taste and nearly vomited. She perched the bowls over the doorway, and snuck out the window. When the weasels came home, the first thing they were greeted w/ was three bowls of sludge poured over their heads. Baby weasel was the only one who had any comment: 'S***!'"

------------------
"Although I'm so tired, I'll have another cigarette. And curse Sir Walter Raleigh; he was such a stupid git."
-the Beatles, "I'm So Tired"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Two possibilities: Teflon is "sprayed" onto pans, or that a teflon sheet has a sticky side and a no-stick side where you fry your stuff. Doesn't mean it works. I've had trouble getting burnt eggs offa that thing with lots of soap.

2) *Looks down* Nope.

3) I had a habit of eating raw hot dogs long ago.

4) My dad had one since his birthplace was Hong Kong.

5) *looks up* Above what?

6) Don't know. Anyone heard of a drink called a "Blowjob"? (For those with a weak heart, it DOES exist, known for the large amount of whip cream on the top.) And no, I've tried neither. I don't drink Alcohol. Guess that makes me a boring person.

7) Ummmmmm........

8) Ummmmmm........

9) I bought a Big Mac for lunch today. Does that count?

10) ....... it was a dark and stormy night....... (one horrible beginning followed by another....)

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

[This message was edited by Tahna Los on May 27, 1999.]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.) If nothing sticks to Teflon, how does Teflon stick to the pan?

It works like this...

2.) Skinnydipping, anyone?

I barely ever go swimming with my clothes on

3.) Why do Hotdogs come in packages of 10 when hotdog BUNS come in packages of 8?

I don't think this is true any longer.

4.) So how many people won UK passports?

I don't know, and I can't seem to come up with a humorous bluff.

5.) This, above all: To thine own self be true. Failing that, just get as much money as you can and take a trip.

6.) What is in the mixed drink "Orgasm"?

Dinner and a movie, if you're charming enough.

7.) Who invented the Polyester Leisure Suits?

Swingers.

8.) How many "World's Largest Ball of Strings" are there, and where are they located?

Three. Here, here, and over there.

9.) Who here owns a mac? *grrr*

Frank, of course.

10.) Once upon a time, my life had direction and purpose. Now, I have weekends.

------------------
"Should have changed that stupid lock. Should have thrown away the key. No no, not I, I will survive, right down here on my knees."
--
They Might Be Giants

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I'm amazed the Teflon question actually has an answer. I thought it was just magic.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"CORUSCANT...DOES NOT COMPUTE...I mean, uh, you're under arrest." - Anonymous battle droid

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AH HA! I do have another answer for teflon question, but I shall go through the ten questions as well.

1.< chemistry student mode> Well, there is the way that Sol has provided, but there is another way, which works much better. First of all, Teflon does stick to something...Teflon. Teflon is made of long chains of carbon atoms, with flouride substituants. What they do is have another type of teflon, made with flourine, but also another halide, that will bond with the metal surface of the pan. One side of the teflon sticks to the pan, while the other side sticks to the teflon that does not contain the bonding halide, Thus making teflon stick to teflon that sticks to the pan...hehehe. *bows* < /chem student mode>
2. You bring the nonfat cool whip, I'll bring the strawberries!
3. What Frank said.
4.Not I. I don't think I'd blend in very well. My British accent sounds like Australian, and my Australian sounds like its British(as natives of both those countries have told me).
5. My IQ.
6. Wouldn't you like to know, Ms. Sex Goddess...
7. Leisure Suit Larry, of course.
8. 42.
9. *makes applesauce out of Frank*
10. ...someone got the idea to subject forum patrons to a series of questions over and over and over again... That person was never heard from again.

------------------
"We are all a product of the environment we live in.... the rest, good or bad, may be free will." Charles C. Bohnam

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. What Jeff said.

2. There's another way to swim?

3. It's another government conspiracy.

4. Close, but no cigar.

5. *decides to answer properly* ...to thine own self be true. Hamlet, Act I, Scene III

6. *moves his hand in a lewd motion* No comment.

7. Wasn't it Elvis?

8. No one will ever know.

9. *looks at Frank* He does! I on the other hand, do not.

10. Someone wrote a story that began "Once upon a time..."

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: You realize, of course, that your anser to #2 could be taken two rather different ways... *LOL*

------------------
"I make fun of senior citizens, but obviously I aspire to be one of them, the alternative being what it is."
-Scott Adams, The Dilbert Future

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. The most important factor in deciding is
"who am I swimming with?"

*sigh*

But no, my life is nowhere near that interesting. I haven't been near a pool for almost a year now.

------------------
"Should have changed that stupid lock. Should have thrown away the key. No no, not I, I will survive, right down here on my knees."
--
They Might Be Giants

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. It's a crap pan
2. That depends - who's you friend and is she attached at the moment?
3. The spare hot dogs can have many different uses 8)
4. Forget winning them, we'd have to give them away if we want any good sportsmen/women to represent us.
5. CURRY RULES!
6. Curry
7. Someone with a little too much time on their hands
8. I don't know - how long's a piece of string. (corny I know)
9. Naah, I just have a normal jacket
10.Once upon a time...erm...damn it, I hate writers block.

------------------
Blackadder: I'm King *drops dead*

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I think it has something to do with sandblasting it on, but I'm not certain.

If you mean swimming naked... No. If you mean dipping my enemies (skinny or no) in a vat of boiling oil... Maybe.

*Nature show host speak* Here we see a rather remarkable trait developed by the warmicus wooficus, also known as the common hot dog. In order for two (a male and a female) to survive the onslaught of human consumption, they flock together in groups of ten. Since it is generally known that hot dogs are consumed in a one-to-one ratio with their symbiotic counterparts, the breadicus coveris, the two aforementioned hot dogs survive to ensure more hot dogs in the future. *End nature show host speak*

There was a contest?

This above all: Tines are our friends.

I don't know, nor do I wish to know.

Aliens. When the symbiotic leisure suit attaches itself to a human host, it creates a disc jockey of the sort that Jon became in a certain Garfield cartoon episode.

I don't know, but I would hope that they were nowhere near any "World's Largest Ball of Cats," or else there would be a really big mess.

She hath spoken the evil word! Attach the Stone of Shame!

Once upon a time, the universe existed as a fiery point. Then, that point exploded, sending matter flinging to the far points of the cosmos... *Krenim then starts listing important event in history* ...and then sporks were invented. The End.

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

It's a quantum subspace fracture that is held together by the conversion of a multidimension, transintergalactic piece of sticky tape.

Not now, my aunt is watching.

They were designed by the crew from baywatch?

Three people. They all went mad and then married the same horse, on the same day in brussels.

Curry?

2 litres of stuff

Alan Greenspan.

521 0000 00000 000000. Where is it? It's the matrix.....

El Frank de belisimo.

There was a bog called Troy. Troy was very red. So they used him as a traffic light......

------------------
"I have only one purpose, the destruction of Hitler.....If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourbale reference to the devil in the House of Commons".

-Winston Churchill

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps