Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Live, In stereo, 10 Questions!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Live, In stereo, 10 Questions!!
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one here who knows that the smallest number both 8 and 10 divide into is 40, not 80?

------------------
Garak: "I do apologize. You must be incensed. In fact, if I were in your shoes, I'd... grab a bottle of champagne and shoot me." (DS9: "Our Man Bashir")

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er...right. Uh, for my next challenge, calculate the derivative of (4x+5)^3 in your head.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"CORUSCANT...DOES NOT COMPUTE...I mean, uh, you're under arrest." - Anonymous battle droid

[This message was edited by The Shadow on May 27, 1999.]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew it, I just forgot to point it out. I do that a lot. I intend to post something, but I forget about it by the time I actually get around to posting... :-)

Frank: Is it 3(4x+5)2(4)?

------------------
"I make fun of senior citizens, but obviously I aspire to be one of them, the alternative being what it is."
-Scott Adams, The Dilbert Future

[This message was edited by TSN on May 27, 1999.]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, that question was for Elim! You're correct, anyway.

------------------
"CORUSCANT...DOES NOT COMPUTE...I mean, uh, you're under arrest." - Anonymous battle droid

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I have a go?

Solve for y in the following:
dy/dx = y-x.

Do it in you heads. Open to all (oo-er)
*Runs and hides, laughing maniacally*

------------------
If no-one will play with me, then I'm going home,and I'm bringing the inflatible with me.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Doesn't that boil down to a parametric equation? Someone get Krenim in here!

------------------

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Sol beat me to it.
2. any time you like.
6. I don't know what's in it, but it's "Screaming Orgasm" and of coarse, they are wonderful.
10. in a galaxy far far away.

------------------
WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ahem*

1. I did not get this without using paper.

2. I'm still not sure this is the right answer.

3. It did not involve parametric equations.

4. Work is below showing how I got it for all you calculus-impaired people out there. (GA better not be doing this for homework, or else I'll get ticked off.)

dy/dx = y - x

dy = (y - x) dx

dy = y dx - x dx

y = yx - (1/2)x2

y (1 - x) = - (1/2)x2

y = x2/(2x - 2)

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Well, I was the one who brought it up, anyway.

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. It's lies! All lies!

2. I prefer fatdipping. Mmm... fat...

3. To quote Commodore Decker: "There WAS.. but not anymore!"

4. 3.1415926535...

5. "This above all: Never, EVER piss off a woman with PMS and a handgun."

6. I am.

7. That would be Akhtragal, Demon of Tackiness.

8. 42. In my backyard.

9. *barfs*

10. "Once upon a time, I could control myself..." -- Eddie Vedder & Pearl Jam

------------------
"... Then you'll see me do some MAJOR dancing on your face!" -- Cosby

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. If nothing sticks to Teflon, how does Teflon stick to the pan?

Ssshhh, you'll spoil the magic.

2. Skinnydipping, anyone?

Depends. Is Charles' beard gonna be in there?

3. Why do Hotdogs come in packages of 10 when hotdog BUNS come in packages of 8?

To give commedians a source from which to base a 30 minute long comedy routine.

4. So how many people won UK passports?

I do! And my next door neighbour. Jim down the road. Dave does. So does Mike. Helen probably does, but that's just to terrify the neighbouring countries with a shockwave overload.

5. "This, above all: _________________"

The sky? *looks down* Damn, someone beat me. Erm, the clouds?

6. What is in the mixed drink "Orgasm"?

Pure Liam.

7. Who invented the Polyester Leisure Suits?

I'll have to agree with my college Monty,and say Alan Partridge as well.

8. How many "World's Largest Ball of Strings" are there, and where are they located?

You're sitting on it. The earth is one giant piece of CC's hair, crafted into a sperical shape and held together with a LOT of hairspray.

9. Who here owns a mac? *grrr*

I do not know, but when I hunt him down, he shall be sorry for the day that his parents deceided to call him Frank Goeringuitar

10. "Once upon a time, __________________"

"They all lived happily ever after." The best book in the world for philosphoy students.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

The correct spelling is Gerratana. It's on my Web page. And my neighbors have a few things to say about how your name is spelled, for that matter.

------------------
"You're a real colonel, right?" - Taco Bell Chihuahua to Colonel Sanders, facing an army of battle droids

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...A Cavanagh (or Kavanagh)
By any other..." Ah, why bother.

------------------
Vreenak: "The man who started the war with the Dominion... Somehow I thought you'd be taller." (DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight")

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's "neighbours" Frank.

How'd you (almost) know how it was spelled Elim

And finally, why are you talking to your neighbours about me? I think ve have deweloped a leetle hero-vorship here young von Gerutski.

------------------
'There's no meat in beer, right?'
-Joey Tribiani

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Er, I knew it was a C for some reason... I'm not sure why...

Yes, it is neighbour, but Frank can't help but having to spell it neighbor the rest of the time.

Sol shrines, Liam worship.... Oh my...

------------------
Vreenak: "The man who started the war with the Dominion... Somehow I thought you'd be taller." (DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight")

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps