Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Live, In stereo, 10 Questions!! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Live, In stereo, 10 Questions!!
Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1--Well, does stuff that sticks to an ordinary pan stick to your mouth when you eat it? *shrugs* just a matter of what it's made of.

2--*shrugs* nice warm water at night....a pool not too far from my home.....*grins at Jeff*

3--It's a method of teaching "new math"

4--who actually *received* a UK passport? *L*

5--"for thine own health eat fruit"

6--*RaE* That's a drink? from what i've read in the magazine articles they put on bathroom stalls in our dorms, it's something WAY different...

7--Polly, Lester, and Lee's "sure suit" company

8--one in every string colony.

9--a 'mac'? as in 'macintosh'? as in, ryhmes with 'osh kosh b'gosh'? no way, hosea!

10--*doh, my first answer was already taken :P* *thinks up another*
'...there were four star trek series. the first one was TOO DULL. the second one was TOO HEAVY. the third one was JUST RIGHT. ...the fourth one was too lousy to even consider.

*L* not meant to offend...just my opinion. heh.

------------------
Clones are People Two

"The Force is like duct tape: it has a dark side and a light side, and it holds the universe together"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't mentioned you to my neighbors (no u!), but they spell their name with a C, not a K. So there.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"You're a real colonel, right?" - Taco Bell Chihuahua to Colonel Sanders, facing an army of battle droids

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

1)*read the article Sol provides a link to*

2)Last time I took a swim was 7 years ago. It's been such a long time I don't even know the past tense. Swom? Swam? Swimmed (I know it's not swimmed people, I was just kidding)

3)We don't have that problem here. Buns come per 10, hot dogs per 10 or value packs of 20. At least we call them hot dogs but..

4)?? I wouldn't even want one. It's a bit of a weird country. Brown beer and stuff.

5)hair (if you're lucky/young enough, but not too young)

6)I could tell you but I'd get myself banned.

7)American-Chinese buisiness woman Esther Po Lee.

8)No idea. But we have an elastic band ball somewhere in a drawer downstairs and it's about three inches in diameter. Do I qualify?

9)Not me for sure.

10)..people realised how hackneyed this opening sentence had become and became more creative.

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

With "read" in answer #1 I mean I read (past tense) not read (imperative). Who said English was an efficient language? Por dios!

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. If nothing sticks to Teflon, how does Teflon stick to the pan?

Teflon is a myth perpetuated by the DuPont corporation in the certain knowledge that non-stick aluminum doesn't sound "sexy" enough, but some mysterious non-stick substance with a scientific-sounding name will move tons of product regardless of whether it exists or not.

2. Skinnydipping, anyone?

You don't want to see some of the people here naked. Trust me. I know these things.

3. Why do Hotdogs come in packages of 10 when hotdog BUNS come in packages of 8?

The Gnomes of Zurich decreed it be thus as a concession to the baked goods industry. In compensation, the meat-packing industry is allowed to use any substance whatsoever in the construction of these pseudo-sausages. That is one of the reasons Jimmy Hoffa is still missing.

4. So how many people won UK passports?

No. The more correct question is: "How many people wanted UK passports. I would, if someone offered to give me a guided tour of all the pubs within a 2,000 mile radius of London (distance chosen on the basis that there may be such things in Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and possibly even the European Continent, and I don't want to miss a one).

5. "This, above all: _________________"

If you forget to put the seat down, you're twenty-seven kinds of oaf, but if you don't forget, nobody gives you credit for remembering. Therefore, leave the seat up once in a while as a reminder that we're still waiting for one, solitary "thank you".

6. What is in the mixed drink "Orgasm"?

I discovered 2 versions.
ORGASM (1st)
1 oz Kahlua \ 1 oz Baileys Irish Cream \ 1 oz Amaretto
fill cream
ice \ rocks or up
(add 2 scoops ice cream or mix)

ORGASM (2nd)
1 oz Amaretto \ 1 oz Baileys Irish Cream \ 1 oz Kahlua
no mix
ice \ rocks or up

Gimme some!

7. Who invented the Polyester Leisure Suits?

The same folks who were responsible for the "White-Buck-Shoes-and-Belt-Conspiracy". They have since been dealt with. Permanently. Let that be a lesson to us all.

8. How many "World's Largest Ball of Strings" are there, and where are they located?

If this category includes belly-button lint, I know of several.

9. Who here owns a mac? *grrr*

What? The truck or the computer?

10. "Once upon a time, __________________"

Papa-bear came home by himself. But, this being a G-rated forum I suppose I'll have to keep the rest of the story secret.

------------------
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
-- Plato
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*gives everyone one last day to post responses..*

------------------
7 days and counting........
*HUGE EFFING BIGASS GRIN*
"Never underestimate the light side .......... ...... of duct tape."

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, the equation I posted was a tricky one, and when I did it in my head, I must have been in "The Zone", or something. No matter!!

Krenim: You're probably going to get medievil on my ass with a temporal inversion, but what you did was incorrect. You cannot split up an equation like that (i.e. a non-homogeneous eqn.) the way you did. Reason is that you're looking for y, and you integrated it [yx->(yx^2)/2) as if it were a constant, which it is not.

Here's the way I did it:

dy/dx = y-x. Multiply across by exp(-x). Get:

[exp(-x)]dy/dx -y[exp(-x)] = -x[exp(-x)]

Now use the Product Rule (for differentiation) backwards on the Left Hand Side(LHS):

d(y[exp(-x)])/dx = -x[exp(-x)] (OK so far?) or
d(y[exp(-x)]) = (-x[exp(-x)])dx.

Integrating both sides, we get
y*exp(-x) on the LHS,
and after Integrating by Parts
x*exp(-x) + exp(-x) on the RHS.

NOW, if you divide across by exp(-x), you will be left with
y =x + 1,
which if checked satisfies the original equation (d(x+1)/dx =1
y(=x+1)-x =1)

That's the way I did it. It's a bit of a hard one alright. Sorry about that.

------------------
If no-one will play with me, then I'm going home,and I'm bringing the inflatible with me.

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*wonders why the FECK there are math equations in her thread*

------------------
4 days and counting........
*HUGE EFFING BIGASS GRIN*
"Never underestimate the light side .......... ...... of duct tape."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you should hurry up and judge it before they go into simultaneous equations of ten variables in the sixteenth degree... :-)

------------------
"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
-Samuel L. Clemens

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*head spins*

o_O
*bops Anomaly*

------------------
Clones are People Two

"The Force is like duct tape: it has a dark side and a light side, and it holds the universe together"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*tries to get his head around GA's equation*

I think I'll go back to the IQ tests *lol*

------------------
The public has spoken. Common sense has prevailed. We have been returned what was wrongly taken away from us. All hail COCO POPS!!

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Math is just so amusing, Jubes, don't you know?

------------------
Vreenak: "The man who started the war with the Dominion... Somehow I thought you'd be taller." (DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight")

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gah! *levels smite-a-tron at gaseous and lets rip!*

You KNEW I'd be forced to spend 10 minutes trying that! AAAAAAAAAGH! I coiuld have been sleeping or eating or something!

Next you'll be starting to sing "I'm saaaaailing awaayy", and then we'll know what I'll have to do.

------------------
"She turned me into a NEWT!..........
.....Well, I got better..."

- Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
< *gulp*

.............set an open course for the Virgin sea,
For I've got to be free
Free to face the life that's ahead of me

On board I'm the captain
So climb aboard
We'll search for tomorrow
On every shore
And I'll try, oh Lord, I'll try
To carry on

Dee bee bedee
Bee bee bedee
Bee bee bedee
Bee bee bedee

'Gathering of angels appeared above our heads
They sang to us this song of hope and this is what they said, they said

Come sail away
Come sail away
Come sail away with me

Lord, Come sail away
Come sail away
Come sail away with me

I thought that they were angels
But to my surprise
We climbed aboard their starship
And headed for the skies

Come sail away
Come sail away
Come sail away with me

Lord, Come sail away
Come sail away
Come sail away with me, Lord

------------------
"She turned me into a NEWT!..........
.....Well, I got better..."

- Monty Python & The Holy Grail

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh... Uh... Styx, right? *isn't happy that he isn't sure*

------------------
"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
-Samuel L. Clemens

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps