Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Update Please!!!!

Author Topic: Update Please!!!!
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um.... Lee? Could you please post the updated rankings for the CapComs? I'm itching to find out how many levels I have dropped.........

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we should hereby award Tahna the "Completely Overrated Optimism of the Week" award.

But, I can also see how it would be nice, but I'm sure it's plenty of work for Lee to do... But hey, he's such a nice guy...

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm..... it's not optimism. I haven't won a CapCom since last November. Obviously others would now be killing me in the scores. I believe I was 10th in the points table, I've probably dropped ten places or so.......

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

[This message was edited by Tahna Los on June 08, 1999.]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*places the "Daily Sarcasm" award on his own chest*

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh God. . . I have no idea where I am on the archiving, I haven't updated the score charts since I posted the tables (and getting that far took me long enough). . . work is going to be so tough the next few weeks, I have a webpage to beef up, a ship design to finish. . .

Basically, if there's an update every six months you'll be lucky. Sorry, but there it is.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(more)

Let me put all that stuff in context.

The league tables were just something I tried. I've always kept records of what pic was done when, and who won. . . and I thought it would be interesting to see how people had done over the previous year.

But that's all it was. This isn't a race, it's about seeing a funny pic and thinking up something funny about it. Never mind that you haven't won one since before Christmas, it's the present one that counts.

Otherwise, you end up with people not bothering to post because they think that Xentrick will win anyway, or because they're so far behind in the league that they'll never catch up, and it's therefore pointless. If I had any inkling that either situation had come to exist, I would tell you right now that there would never be another league table. And the jury's still out. . .

I worry that the CapComs have become this great institution. . . they're meant to be a bit of harmless, weekly fun. Recently someone considering setting up their own Forums threatened me that if I didn't do CapComs there he'd do them himself and there was nothing I could do about it. THAT kind of sh*t I don't need.

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The First One Johnson is right!

People, there have been weeks when *I* almost didn't post because I took it for granted that Jeff Raven was going to win that week, or TSN, or Baloo.

Got a joke that no one else has posted yet? Beat 'em to it! Even if you don't take that big trophy, you'll probably crack-up somebody somewhere. Other folks on this board have written jokes that were laugh-out-loud funny...and I could never have thought up.

Who out there is an untapped comedy resource? Who amongst the lurkers and the shy has hidden joke genius?

Only one way to find out: post! You do none of us a favor by hiding your talent.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Workers of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains!

Whoops, sorry. Got caught up in the revolutionary spirit.

------------------
"Gone savage for teenagers with automatic weapons and boundless love."
--
Soul Coughing

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Proudly proclaims his lack of any victories in capcoms!*

------------------
"In the name of the LORD! We DEMAND entrance to this Sacred CASTLE!!!!"
"No chance, Engleesh bed-wetting types. I brush my temples at you and call your door-opening request a silly thing. You tiny-brained wipers of other-people's bottoms."

- Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had lots of runners up places, but no victory. Never mind, as Lee said, it's all a bit of harmless fun. In my view, it also gives us an opportunity to see how far we can actually push the boundaries and how far back they will be moved to accomodate the smut that we continually come up with.

------------------
The public has spoken. Common sense has prevailed. We have been returned what was wrongly taken away from us. All hail COCO POPS!!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps