Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Pic the Voice III (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pic the Voice III
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ta-da! Pic the Voice II's done. Pic the Voice III is here... slightly delayed by some down-time.

In case you missed the Original Pic the Voice and Pic the Voice II, the rules go that you want to get the names of the Forum users right, but humour and relaxation is the whole point. Be creative. Be funny.

And... there may be duplicate participants from the last two contests, but, of course, there may not be. On your toes, everyone...

1. Doesn't sound Australian to me (293K)
  2. Perish the thought (64K)
  3. Emergency? Who called one? (60K)
  4. I suppose it is (44K)
  5. We'll have to take your word for it (34K)
  6. Don't get philosophical on me! (70K)

Clues arrive sometime in the next day...

Thanks go out to everyone who was able to submit these voice samples and to Frank for hosting them... He'll be judging this, too.

Enjoy!

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Here is the news. . . coming to you every hour, on the hour." - ELO, "Here Is The News," Time (1980)

1. Australians were outraged at claims that the Mockney accent of Liam Kavanagh sounded Antipodean. "The only way Liam sounds like something from Down Under is because he talks out of his @$$ most of the time," fumed Daryus.
2. In other news, experts rejected claims that Frank Gerratana's cheesy pants were a new development.
3. Meanwhile, plans for the eighth season of DS9 were scuppered when it was revealed that Ziyal would return with a large 'H' on her forehead.

After the break: fears are rising that Four and Five are in fact the same person. And finally - experts are perplexed about the identity of the mysterious Sixth Man, who finally caved in to requests to provide a voice clip. "Hmm, sounds, European," said Lee. "Is it Bernd? RW? Or could it be First of Two?"

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, i am TOO scared and nauseated to compete...*L*

------------------
"You were right about the negotiations...they were short."
Obi-Wan Kenobi to QuiGon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Scientists havn't been able to figure out the strange phenomenon known as "Liam", who seems to be able to make audible sounds, even while his head is shoved up his butt.
2. I don't know what it is that's been shoved down your pants, Frank, but I'll help you remove it, if you want...
3. The medical Emergency? ... Well, that guy over there just fainted because he's discovered that there are other women with sexy voices at the forums BESIDES the two SexGoddesses.... Perhaps you'd better give him CPR...
4. Errr....... Was there any doubt?
5. WHO?! .. The BOOGIEMAN?!.. EGADS, NO!. ... *runs and hides*
6. I guess after spending a week with him and hearing his voice in many different tones and pitches, I should know wether or not this is Charles' voice, shouldn't I?... Well, I don't know if it is or isn't, but it sounds like the same one who was screaming my name........ of course..... there are many who have done THAT, too....... *trails off*

------------------
Cherish your visions; cherish your ideas; cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts, for if you remain true to them, your world will at last be built.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*CC opens his mouth to say something but becomes hypnotized by the voice of Number One* It's so.. so... weird... *stares transfixed*

------------------
Charles Capps
Cheif Administrator, the solareclipse network
"I do whatever the voices in my head tell me to do."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am certainly not just dragging this thread back to the top! Perish the thought! *L*

Okay... Here are your clues... somewhat late... From the replies, it looks like you guys need easy ones...

1. I am certain this is the NG MaGiC voice!
  2. Anticipating these monstrosities is the key.
  3. Perhaps the medical case in question got shot.
  4. To be profuse and free in opinions, I wouldn't have gotten this myself.
  5. This is the last one I'd guess!
  6. You see, this is one of those "not the usual accent," you see.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. Frank, you have no idea what you are talking about.

http://solareclipse.net/Channel/crapaussie.wav
http://solareclipse.net/Channel/Brit.wav

------------------
"Diplomacy is the art of Internationalising an issue to your advantage"

Antagonist
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh, lemme see here:

Number 1 must be Elim...is has to be!

Number 2 ...should find a doctor quickly, or the culprit.

Number 3 I will guess is Ziyal. Maybe. Heck, who knows? Maybe it's Daryus talking without the accent?

Number 4 Is a vulcan. See, because they always state obvious things. (349? )

Number 5 This is a hard one, damn you all. It's Lee. *shrugs*

Number 6 Either Art Bell, or Baloo doing a very good voice imitation of Art Bell.

------------------
I shall smite Sternbach with my SpoonSaber!

Antagonist
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In addition to number 5 sounding like...whoever, it also sounds similar to what Barney the Purple Dinosaur sounds like when he's on crack.

Never mess with a T-rex on drugs...

------------------

Jubilee
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And how, exactly, do you know what Barney on Crack sounds like? HMM?

------------------
Sex is sacred. Your body is a temple. Anyone need sanctifying? ;)

Antagonist
Member # 76

It's a long story. Me and him go way back into the 60's, you see. In fact I believe that Barney was the one who gave Jimi that downer that made him asphyxiate. Damn dinosaur, I think he was just jelous that Jimi could play the guitar three times as great without a tail.

------------------

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

*cowers in the corner* Scary... so scary...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Elim Garak (edited July 01, 1999).]

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Laughs @ the suggestion that Aussies have accents*.

Nah it's all you silly yanks that sound funny.

'Paaaas me the Burrrrger saaauce Mommmm'.
[Insert hillybilly chasing pig around with a large toasting fork here].

------------------
"Diplomacy is the art of Internationalising an issue to your advantage"

Jubilee
Member # 99

*o_O*

------------------
Sex is sacred. Your body is a temple. Anyone need sanctifying? ;)

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...I guess these were a bit harder. Oh well...at least it's easier to judge.

The First One wins a precision award for getting two out of three guessed right. Antagonist also gets such an award, since Lee's voice was disguised, but he still got it right. And Jubilee deserves recognition for not being able to recognise what was clearly CC's voice. Actually, that was everyone who participated...I guess we'll wait awhile before Pic the Voice IV. There are plenty of other fun contests in the works.

I suppose you'll want to know who the voice clips are of...

1) Liam, of course. And it was a different clip that sounds Australian.
2) Antagonist has a cheese problem. And an evil clown problem, but we didn't use that sound file.
3) Ziyal, in all her holo-generated glory.
4) This is me! The joke is, it's not my voice at all. I did a semi-British accent.
5) Lee, on the other hand, did a quite convincing American accent.
6) CC didn't even bother to do an accent, but it still stumped everyone.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"I could never sleep my way to the top, 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up." - TMBG

[This message has been edited by The Shadow (edited July 03, 1999).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps