Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » PIC 2x04 "Watcher" ($$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: PIC 2x04 "Watcher" ($$$)
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
but Kirk Thatcher somehow remembers part of the original timeline.
This really didn't need an explanation. Yeah, it's the same punk, but in this universe (pick one):

*Evil Kirk & Evil Spock went back in time to abduct some whales, and what happened to him in that version of events is something that would cause you untold nightmares;

*HE JUST GREW THE FUCK UP BUT HE FORGOT HIS AIRPODS AT HOME SO HE'S BLASTING SOME MUSIC ON WAY TO HIS DEAD END JOB OKAY

*But also he's got a thing for leggy blondes who choke him, and this was a confusing moment for him

quote:
And in the first episode Guinan said she can choose to look older (as she’s apparently aged more between 2379 and 2401 than she did between 1893 and 2365) but omitted to mention she can also choose to look completely different.
Yeah, they should've just omitted any reference to why Whoopi Goldberg looks like she's aged 30 years, but I think they sometimes worry that Star Trek fans want explanations for everything.

Having said that, Ito Aghayere was fantastic as a young(er) Guinan.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Sorry, what was that about "Picard's ancestor", Spike?

The blonde woman drinking tea and reading a Dixon Hill novel is Renee Picard according to Amazon X-Ray.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don’t think it’s fair to complain about younger-looking Guinan. Trek — and many other shows — have shown younger or older versions of the same character. When your choices are either recasting or using de-aging effects that still can’t cross the uncanny valley, recasting is easily the better choice.

Besides, this younger Guinan still looks closer to Whoopi than the guy they cast to play aged-up Wesley back in TNG S1. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Sorry, what was that about "Picard's ancestor", Spike?

The blonde woman drinking tea and reading a Dixon Hill novel is Renee Picard according to Amazon X-Ray.
https://m.imgur.com/F4KrvQg

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Renee_Picard

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That doesn't make it any less bullshit.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we not gonna talk about Agnes Jurati and the Borg Queen!?! Nice carry over from last week. The Borg Queen is just so… ominous. With the subtle eye gazes and looks. Why did she scream for Agnes to come back!?! A+BQ = Best part of the episode (apart from Kirk Thatcher).

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Shik
Member # 343

You think she's ominous? I think she's annoying. She sounds like half my friends' shitty moms growing up.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But just like that episode of the Simpsons with the yakuza, you just know she’s going to do something!!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen some clips and the Borg Queen casting is weird for me, because that actress was just painfully cute on Enterprise. She (and the little fanservice stunt-cast of Rene Auberjonois) carried an otherwise mediocre plot-rehash episode.

So when this lady in Borg getup smiles, I just see "hot blonde" in my head.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps