Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » SDCC 2022 Trek News

Author Topic: SDCC 2022 Trek News
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picard

Picard Season 3 Cast Teaser

Worf looks fairly good. They didn't mess with his Klingon make-up (i.e. he doesn't look like a Disco Klingon). If I have any nitpicks, it's that his hair looks a little too white.

Dr. Crusher is obviously an X-Men fan. She's rocking the look, though.

Speaking of rocking the look, Seven looks awesome in her Starfleet uniform. Although... I'm still not sure how Picard could make her a captain on the spot while Janeway failed to even get her into Starfleet.

Raffi is... not in a Starfleet uniform. She get kicked out again?

And continuing with the uniforms, what in the heck are most of them wearing? Not a fan.

Lower Decks

Season 3 Trailer

Season premiere is August 25. (Which now begs the question... If this is the next Trek we're getting, then when are getting more Prodigy?)

Also... Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds are getting a crossover episode, which will be part of SNW's Season 2. The episode will be directed by Jonathan Frakes. Not much else known besides that. This is either going to be the best thing ever or will cause a run on brain bleach.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worf looks great, although I don't know why he couldn't keep his silver sash!

Re: Picard/Janeway: Picard is a much higher ranked admiral than Janeway was and has that authority? Or Janeway tried to do it by talking and negotiating, and Picard just issued a field commission.

"Just ... circle around and make it look like we're admiring the pylons." I chuckled hard. Also: was that Martok?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So yet another new uniform?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looked like Seven was in the S2 uniform, so maybe it's just a uniform jacket we haven't previously seen?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It’s hard to really get a good impression of the uniform, but what you can see of it supports the suggestion it’s some sort of combat gear or captains jacket thing.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is she addressed? Captain Seven? Captain Hansen? Captain of Nine?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Captain. Sir. Ma'am.
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
Ma'am.

It's not crunch time yet, Mr. Snay. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently she’s a Commander in rank, and the first officer of a ship (that’s not the Stargazer).

And Worf isn’t a Captain despite appearing to have four pips. No idea what’s going on there. But then PIC isn’t exactly the poster child for internal Star Trek universe consistency…

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably captain in rank but not captain of a starship. He seems to be wearing a gold uniform.

La Forge is a commodore. So he finally caught up to Bochra from TNG The Enemy. [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps