Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » SNW 2x10 "Hegemony" ($$$)

Author Topic: SNW 2x10 "Hegemony" ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An enjoyable season finale / cliffhanger. Although with the ongoing strikes and Paramount+ not exactly being kind to Trek lately, who knows if / when we'll get a resolution.

Highlights include:

SCOTTY!!! IMHO, Martin Quinn nailed it.

We finally get an adult Gorn, although being in an EV suit we don't get much of a look at it except in the face. Great design, both in the Gorn sense (much closer to previous iterations, but updated) and the EV suit sense (yeah, STO, I will definitely be needing that EV suit for my Gorn character, stat! [Big Grin] ).

Batel does NOT bite the dust, at least not yet. She's not in great shape by the cliffhanger, though: She's been bitten / infected. She's been sedated / put in stasis, but she's not out of the woods.

Most of the cliffhanger comes from the Gorn beaming up the planet's survivors (including M'Benga, Sam, and Ortegas) before the Enterprise can. We know M'Benga and Sam have to survive, but I've got this nasty feeling in my gut that Erica "I Fly the Ship" Ortegas is not safe at all.

The one thing about the episode that was driving me nuts was the demarcation line the Gorn set up. The line goes right through the system! What happens when the planets' orbits send them to the other side of the line? The line should have encompassed the whole system.

Bring on Season 3! (Whenever that is...)

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see an actual Scot be, er, Scott. Impressive landing the role given his filmography is quite short. But he was on Limmy’s Show, which makes it even better.

(Of course, canonically Scott should be in his mid- to late-thirties at this point, whereas Quinn is 29. But if we’re going to pretend the early-thirties Ed Speleers is in his early twenties, then…).

I wonder if the Stardiver was specifically designed to conduct solar research, or just a vessel conducting solar research? The name would suggest the former..!

The existence of the Sombra-class still annoys me. It makes no sense whatsoever to have a ship identical to the Connie, but with even smaller crews. But it’s the only way to explain away Conniealike ships with registries lower than the USS Constitution’s (assuming the Cayuga was a Sombra and not a Connie).

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This bored me to where I was trope-counting.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. I’m all for having emergency spacesuits being widely located, but I balked at the rather obvious - and I’m not sure ever seen before - location of the one Chapel used. Just gave her go to a panel and zoom in on a label saying “EMERGENCY SPACESUIT”ffs.

2. And more to the point why didn’t she make putting one on her first priority before faffing around with power conduits to, what, keep the artificial gravity going? The aircon? Unless the roaring flame in the background, showing no signs of extinguishing, made her feel confident the oxygen wasn’t going to be depleted anytime soon…

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's official: Cayuga is a Constitution.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
Member # 393

FFS. Well, I guess the list of known or confirmed (*not always the same thing) Constitution registries is so all over the shop, what’s one more?

--------------------

Shik
Member # 343

MemAlpha has also officially removed Farragut as one. Which is bullshit.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps