Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » LD 4x02 "I Have No Bones Yet I Must Flee" ($$$)

Author Topic: LD 4x02 "I Have No Bones Yet I Must Flee" ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another goodie, although I liked "Twovix" more.

We start out with a few scenes aboard a Romulan warbird. This ship strongly resembles old concept art for the D'Deridex with the nacelles stacked vertically. I love it and have now added it to my "GIMME GIMME GIMME" list for STO.

Somebody on the Lower Decks writing staff must really hate Remans. [Razz]

The Romulan crew is hilariously underhanded and sneaky with each other... until they get blown up by the same mysterious ship from the last episode. Before getting blown up, the Romulans note that there's one lifeform aboard...

The rest of the episode is divided up into an A-plot, B-plot, and C-plot.

A-Plot

Mariner, still very unhappy about being promoted, overhears Ransom and Shaxs (hilariously in the same workout attire that Crusher and Troi wore in TNG) talk about how Mariner won't be Ransom's problem for long. Believing Ransom is out to get her, she becomes determined to get demoted yet again.

Mariner, Ransom, and Ensign Gary (the poor shmuck) travel to a menagerie that has accidentally imprisoned a few humans to negotiate their release. The menagerie's owner is happy to cooperate... until an adorable little fluffball called a "Moopsy" escapes from its environment. Unfortunately, Moopsy drinks the bones out of lifeforms (Didn't Futurama do an episode with something similar?), causing everyone to flee.

Our heroes manage to trap the Moopsy in a room (after killing the menagerie owner), only for that room to turn out to be the station's control room. The Moopsy accidentally causes the ship to start falling out of orbit.

Ransom and Mariner resolve their misunderstanding (Ransom meant that he was going to support Mariner in her new position until she was no longer a problem), and lure the Moopsy back into its environment... with Ransom's teeth. It turns out the imprisoned humans let the Moopsy loose in hopes of taking control of the menagerie themselves.

B-Plot

Since everyone except Rutherford has gotten promoted, he starts trying to impress Billups to get a promotion so he can still hang out with Tendi. Unfortunately, he keeps getting shown up by Ensign Livik.

Tendi learns that Rutherford has, up until this point, actually been turning down promotion after promotion and suggests that Rutherford just ask if he can accept one of those promotions now. Rutherford doesn't want to, so Tendi asks for him. Billups says sure and tosses Rutherford the pip that he was about to promote Livik with, earning Livik's animosity.

C-Plot

Boimler arrives at his new quarters only to find it right by the nacelles, which light up the place with horrifically bright red light. What follows is Boimler trying to find quarters that don't have something horribly wrong with. Special mention goes to the quarters in-between two holodecks: One with Shaxs and T'Ana being frisky (or violent or both), and one with Freeman living out her fantasy of being "President of Starfleet".

Boimler eventually decides to room with the newly-promoted Rutherford. Boimler is horrified to find these quarters also bathed in blinding red light... until Rutherford orders the computer to filter it out, rendering all of Boimler's escapades this episode completely pointless. [Big Grin]

Like I said, I liked "Twovix" better because it was more laugh-out-loud funny, but this was in no way a bad episode on its own.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moopsy!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moopsy is why Pokémon was lying bullshit.

I too loved the OG warbird. I think I saw someone on TrekBBS say it was actually there on STO as like a command ship or something? I dunno, I don't play that shit.

Couldn't Boimler just ask for new quarters again now that he knows how to turn the lights down? Also, it's odd that he didn't know that. He strikes me as a guy who'd know how to draw the shades.

Livik is no Jet Manhaver, & CERTAINLY no Winger Bingston, Jr.

Anyone else think the Space Vaporizer™ look like a cross between an agonizer & an Orb Ark?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, hey, was looking at the S4 poster & not only is Badgey there, but AGIMIS is atop the pyramid, so maybe he's connected to the Orb Ark ship?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not for nothing, but if you watch the S4 LD Trailer... that's Jonathan Frakes providing the narration, right?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps