Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » LD 4x06 "Parth Ferengi's Heart Place" ($$$)

Author Topic: LD 4x06 "Parth Ferengi's Heart Place" ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heya folks. Been sick and/or busy for a while. Sorry I haven't been doing my usual write-ups.

I still don't have time to do a full write-up for this episode, but I MUST say the following:

Mariner describing Ferenginar as "heaven if God was stupid" got a HUGE laugh out of me. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean, the title pun, that’s one heck of a deep dive into relatively obscure mid-noughties UK TV comedy…

If there’s a leaderboard of guest stars from previous shows, DS9 has to be at the top now surely? Off the top of my head:

DS9: Kita, Quark, Rom, Leeta

TNG: Riker, Troi, Q… Sonia Gomez?

VOY: Paris…

Do Tuvok & Bateson count given they were non-speaking parts therefore not guest stars? I’d say not.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, is this series arc eve going to get going? We get it, a nameless nono is attacking ships and destroying them (and probably storing the crews in some way). Cut to the chase already. Unless that shifty… shiftier THAN USUAL Ferengi is in on it with his brain-control-from-The-Battle device.

Tenderford? Rutherdi?

And, the Parliament-class USS Toronto. New running gag? The ships of a similar but newer and better-looking and far superior class are named after cities in CAnada, while the older and clunkier ships of the hero ship’s class are named after cities in CAlifornia?

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And, the Parliament-class USS Toronto. New running gag? The ships of a similar but newer and better-looking and far superior class are named after cities in CAnada, while the older and clunkier ships of the hero ship’s class are named after cities in CAlifornia?
Obviously the USS Vancouver is named for Vancouver, Washington. And the USS Toronto is named for Toronto, Ohio.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
Member # 393

We’ll see.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps